My Other SciFi GB entry: Aoshima Thunderbird Mole

Kallisti

Teaser photo...

DSC_2758.JPG

I'm not sure if its totally complete yet - this photo really doesn't show the weathering very well - I tried not to go too far but make sure it looked suitably dirty. I'll take some better photos at the weekend - got a new tripod to try out!

• Like 10

I would imagine that they would at least wipe the Mole down with a damp cloth between rescues so it wouldn't need to be too grimy.

Well I'm calling this complete now - here are the final photos taken today:

DSC_2759.JPG

DSC_2760.JPG

DSC_2761.JPG

DSC_2762.JPG

DSC_2763.JPG

DSC_2764.JPG

I must admit to having enjoyed this relatively simple build enormously and extremely pleased with the result. The weathering in real life looks better than in the photos where it is a bit washed out even after I've done some colour correction. Its first public outing will be the Farnbrough club meeting in 2 weeks then the Salisbury show at the end of May.

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 9

Looks great, your Alclad drill makes my Tamiya rattle can one look rather dull! My only nitpick would be that the drive bands on the Mole itself are a bit clean compared to the rest - maybe a brushload of pigments would help?

And the base is super.

Will

Thanks guys, I'm really rather chuffed with it, for a relatively simple out of the box build (how rare is that in my build history!!) I'm very pleased with how it looks.

• 6 months later...

The final chapter on this model come from the most recent Telford weekend where I entered the Mole into competition and won a Bronze medal - feeling rather chuffed, needless to say :)

DSC_4260.JPG

• Like 5