Revell 1:720 Nimitz class carrier USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76

Hi Everyone,

Here is my 6th completed build of 2015, the Revell 1:720 scale Nimitz class aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76.

The Ronald Reagan is the ninth of ten Nimitz class aircraft carriers and the only one to be named after a still living former president at the time of her christening in 2001.

Here is the link to her page on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ronald_Reagan

She is the sister ship of USS Theodore Roosevelt (which recently visited the UK). CVN-76 is to replace the USS George Washington (CVN-73) as the forward deployed aircraft carrier in Yokosuka, Japan.

Anyway here are the photos.

IMG_6849_zpsabat0am6.jpg

IMG_6853_zpslbusymq8.jpg

IMG_6854_zpszquzn9zp.jpg

IMG_6856_zpsz8grvsfp.jpg

IMG_6858_zpsm53n5qmb.jpg

IMG_6864_zpsjixkovrr.jpg

IMG_6868_zpsmpm4fdfq.jpg

My only criticisms with this kit are the extremely weak propellor shafts and the decals for the flight deck markings which are extremely hard to position straight and twist easily.

Thanks for looking.

ATB,

Rick

• Like 5

Nice build Rick. Bet it's a monster, even at 1/720 scale.

Thanks Bodmin,

She's a monster. Just a laugh, I put her next to the Severn class lifeboat that I was building and she's double the size of it.

Here's a link to the relevant post : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944120-revell-1720-uss-ronald-reagan-cvn-76-completed/?p=1947967

She's 46.6 cm from bow to stern, which when I think about it is the same size as 1:350 Airfix Type 45 destroyer. I really need to do some photography with my big ships when I get my battleship collection sorted out (Arizona, Missouri and Belfast).

I want to get some ships from the modern US Navy (Arleigh Burke DDG, Ticonderoga CG, SSNs, SSBNs) to make up a proper battlegroup.

Rick