TAMIYA 1/32 F4U-1A with some aftermarket stuff

Hi guys,as you may know i have posted some pictures of the cockpit already, this is my new proyect, i hope it will turn ok, this time i will build in a different sequence, i will start with all the smal pieces like cockpit, engine, landing gear, doors , and extra aftermarket pieces then i will start putting all together, so in the beggining you only will see pictures of this parts then will come the build itself.

I started with the EDUARD resin cockpit modified so it will be a 1A, here are some pictures

_MG_6749_zpsouvszur3.jpg

_MG_6757_zpszn3qld9n.jpg

_MG_6756_zpsgbqp788j.jpg

_MG_6761_zpsggyk2ncm.jpg

_MG_6752_zpsxz5iyg0c.jpg

too bad that most of the details will be hidden once the cockpit is close in the fuselage, that is why i took this pictures

this is the model engine, just added the wires, the exhaust is just dry fit at the moment, but the joint of the exhaus wont be visible thanks to the cowling flap doors

_MG_6772_zpsewzkpo8o.jpg

_MG_6771_zpsrbpe8z32.jpg

the after market engine accesory section almost done, need to add some wires and hoses

_MG_6782_zpspwhcgc8q.jpg

and the fuselage ready to be closed, with the Eduard resin cockpit module in place

_MG_6786_zpsqxhvqlcu.jpg

• Like 13

Yeah, right- you got ahold of a 1:1 Corsair, disassembled the cockpit, set it up in you garage and made it look like the Tamiya kit interior :) Seriously, it's outstanding and I look forward to following the progress.

Just as Julian finished his top build we get treated with a new one, this is fantastic! Will follow this one for sure, really like your previous work. How is your The Huff Sabre doing by the way?

/Erik

Edited by somnas

Hi guys, not much done so far, just finished both main gear and tires, to me they look ok, need the opinion if something is missing or wrong

_MG_6788_zpsthb8rgpw.jpg

_MG_6789_zpsdswi5obr.jpg

_MG_6790_zpsjkqg5rlv.jpg

Also i managed to close the fuselage and the engine accessory compartment is almost done, some minor touch up to do

_MG_6793_zpswpqabejv.jpg

_MG_6794_zpsllb0smwb.jpg

• Like 7

this will be the last update for 8 days, got to fly out of the country, i finished the propeller, looks worn but i think it is ok if you visualize this birds working on sand runways on the airplanes i fly the propos get worst in paved runways so i thinks this one is ok for my taste smile.png

_MG_6798_zps2wk8u9b0.jpg

_MG_6802_zps23pavcrr.jpg

and here is a general view of the bent wing bird so far, little by little is starting to look like a Corsair

_MG_6801_zpskiteye4q.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

finally managed to find some time to sit in front of the desk, started the center wing assembly and painted the wheel wells i think they look ok

here is a picture of the wheel wells without the gear

_MG_6810_zpshlj9fvnj.jpg

and here with the landing gear

_MG_6812_zpsgmbwwck4.jpg

_MG_6815_zpsclrq03we.jpg

also i tried the color of tamiya for the rudder

_MG_6806_zpshvnfaxsf.jpg

• Like 4

Wow! That's a fabulous looking kit with lot's of gorgeous details, that you're making a fantastic job of! Can't wait to see this baby come to fruition! :):clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

enjoyed looking at this, really great painting. i'm planning on making this kit next month and have been looking for the right colour blue, can you tell me what colour you are going to paint it please.