F-14A Tomcat, VF-1 Wolfpack, Academy 1/72

Hello everyone,

First time posting a model here, after several months following Britmodeller's forums. I hope you like it!

Thank you!

Best,

Ricardo

01%20Tomcat.jpg

02%20Tomcat.jpg

03%20Tomcat.jpg

04%20Tomcat.jpg

05%20Tomcat.jpg

And here is a picture of the real one

image021.jpg

Edited by ricardotdr
  • Like 24

I think the vf1 is probably my fav squadron.always love a tc..fantastic work

Daz

• Like 1

Your F-14 is a real beauty!

Like Daz, I find that VF-1 has the best decoration of all F-14 units... followed by VF-84.

So I am everything but impartial!

Are these the box decals?

Great show!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 1

Me and my lad did an academy tomcat ( bombcat) the decals were a nightmare..on le got a few on,the rest split,tore,you name it..it put me off academy models.

Daz

@Daz: agree, I had the same with the old Tempest kit. But some newer kits have Cartograf-decals, especially when marked as "special edition".

Alex

Edited by alex
  • Like 1

The best markings for a Tomcat. How did the kit go together? I'm thinking about getting this kit,

Your's is great looking

Sean

Edited by sean

@Daz: agree, I had the same with the old Tempest kit. But some newer kits have Cartograf-decals, especially when marked as "special edition".

Alex

Thanks Alex,ive heard the newer kits have cartograf decals also..thing is,as a novice,how would I know this when purchasing without checking the contents..I can't do that obviously.

Daz

Thanks Alex,ive heard the newer kits have cartograf decals also..thing is,as a novice,how would I know this when purchasing without checking the contents..I can't do that obviously.

Daz

Hi Daz. You can actually see if a certain kit has Cartograf decals. It's marked in the box. They are putting the logo of Cartograf. They are great quality, one of the best that I have worked with.

See the link below

http://www.academy.co.kr/Library/Openwysiwyg/popups/BoardUploadFile/72_F-14A_VF-1_Wolfpack_eng_main.jpg

The best markings for a Tomcat. How did the kit go together? I'm thinking about getting this kit,

Your's is great looking

Sean

Thank you Sean. The kit is great, I definitely recommend it. Good overall fit, no flashing, good quality of the plastic, easy to understand instructions, etc.

• Like 1

Hi Daz. You can actually see if a certain kit has Cartograf decals. It's marked in the box. They are putting the logo of Cartograf. They are great quality, one of the best that I have worked with.

See the link below

http://www.academy.co.kr/Library/Openwysiwyg/popups/BoardUploadFile/72_F-14A_VF-1_Wolfpack_eng_main.jpg

Ahhh,didn't realise that..that's an impressive link also.like the idea of showing all the colours you need before you buy..gonna head over there now and see what they have in 48 scale

Cheers dude

Daz

Edited by Discodaz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...