Thunderbirds are go - opinions?

I'm a TRUE originals fan.

10 minutes in and I'm VERY impressed.

Sorry any nay-sayers out there, but for an updated reboot???

They've nailed it!

Now.... How long before I can get series one on Blu-Ray????

WHEN can I get the model kits????

Roy.

• Like 2

SPOILER ALERT

John doesn't seem to have problems with decompression.

"Press the red button and let's deal with the consequences!!!" Doh.

They should have started with the Fireflash again though.

5/10 so far.

Trevor

As a fan of the original series, I'm actually quite enjoying it. It perhaps a little fast paced, but hey, they have the world to save.:D

• Like 1

FIREFLASH IS BACK !!!!

It was shown in the 'making of' program.

But as DAG058 said - yes, show the originals more often!!!

And I bet after the new series has sunk in, ITV will have the old show out too......

However, the new show is really well done.

I can see how they have made the CGI figures 'look' like puppets - and even move like them.

First thing I noticed was the puppet-like left-right-left eye movements.

Brilliant.

Nope - I'm hooked.

Bring on the Cinema movie !!!!

Roy.

I normally *hate* modern re-hashes - but this appears superbly done - modernised techniques in the 'spirit' of the original - and many nods to the original as well.

Test here will be what my son thinks of it! ;)

Iain

Derek Meddings and his crew spent hours, months trying to make models look like the real thing.

These guys have spent hours, months making realistic capable cgi look like very small toys.

Graham

• Like 2

Recording is interesting. Today, ITVHD. Episode 2 on Wednesday CITV. Episode 3, back on ITVHD on Saturday at 8am, titled Scrambled, Thunderbirds Are Go. I think it's a shame that the episodes are only 30 minutes though.

Edited by avro683

I'm 54, going on 13 again. Loved the homage to the late and truly great Gerry Anderson, with Stingray, the original "5,4,3,2,1", the Eagle command module, along with the much discussed lemon squeezer etc.

I really liked all the new hardware with those fabulous new viewing windows, plus the island looks a wonderful place to be.

The only questions I have so far is why Virgil has to manually close his access hatch on the fabulous TB2, and why has Lady Penelope not got a bigger bust?

Thoroughly enjoyed it, admittedly after watching a lot of rugby with the odd beer or two.

• Like 2

Recording is interesting. Today, ITVHD. Episode 2 on Wednesday CITV. Episode 3, back on ITVHD on Saturday at 8am, titled Scrambled, Thunderbirds Are Go. I think it's a shame that the episodes are only 30 minutes though.

Sky planner shows that episode 1 (the first half of today's episode Ring of Fire) is on Wednesday on CITV at 1700 and episode 2 (the second part of Ring of Fire) is on on Thursday at the same time. Next Saturday morning's episode on ITV is episode 3. I presume CITV's episode 3 will be on the following Wednesday or Thursday.

Graham

Edit Nope CITV's episode 3 is also at 0800 Saturday. Confused..........

I agree it's rushed. It's 30 minutes less the ads, so about 23 minutes in all. Unless you have a story arc, there is no time to develop a plot.

I want to like it but........

Trevor

• Like 2

Loved the models and even quite liked the CGI bits (especially the fact that, as mentioned, they've made squillion dollar CGI behave like puppets), but clearly that's where all the money went. With the exception of Parker the rest sounded as though the local am dram had done the voiceovers. And what nationality is Brains supposed to be ? He didn't seem sure at times...

Of course I'll be watching the next one !

Edited by stuartp