1:72 Tornado GR4 "Dambusters 70th Anniversary" Revell + Mods

Absolutely gorgeous Doc! Thanks for sharing the build with us and still hard to believe this is 1/72... amazing.

I have one in my stash and I look forward to trying to use many of your techniques when I brave the build.

• Like 3

Magnificent. So much to like. Do like the subtle weathering and pre-shading which are difficult to get right and not overdo it. And as for the canopy, deserves a spot in RFI in its own right.

• Like 2

Remarkable.

Tell me Doc, have you patented your design of shrink-o-matic ray gun? The only way I can imagine getting this kind of finish in 1/72nd scale is building it in 1/32nd or larger and shrinking it down.

Thanks for detailing the build and posting such scrumptious RFI images. The whole job lot has been a pleasure to follow.

Looking forward to the next dr_gn epic.

Cheers.

• Like 1

dr_gn

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING build...

ONE OF MY FAVORITES builds this past year... :Tasty:

Your Tornado is INCREDIBLE and IMPECCABLE to look at .. :yikes::yikes:

I have enjoyed your work in progress of this MAGINFICENT aircraft..

Seeing and watching TORNADO only a few feet from while at work at RAF LEAUCHARS last year made following your build even more pleasurable..

Thank you for such a GORGOEUS build.. :heart::heart: :heart: :heart::heart:

PHOTOS ARE AWESOME too,.

KUDOS.... :worthy::worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

These comments mean a lot, thanks very much everyone. I guess the slight shade difference between the port & stand. wings isn't too obvious then? It's something that annoys me, but it is what it is. Cheers!

BTW I'd love to try photographing it against an airfield photo background. Anyone know where to get one?? Thanks again.

• Like 1

Wonderful. I'm struggling to see how it could be better. I want to say perfect - and the only thing stopping me is the knowledge that the next dr_gn build will somehow top it :)

Great WIP thread as well. Will be back there for reference purposes.....

• Like 1

This is without a doubt the best 1/72 Tonka build I have ever seen. Possibly in any scale, in fact. Following the build and seeing just how much work has gone into it makes it so much better.

It's awesome to see it come together at last, but it's gonna be a shame that there are no more WIP posts to look forward to.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Daryl.

• Like 2