1/48 airfix Hurricane

Hi all, name is Gary. This is my first WIP and 4th kit since returning to modelling in January. I have been loitering and following your work with great interest for a couple of months. I am in awe of some ( a lot) of your work.

I've built the fabric wing MkI hurricane, PRiX spitfire and nearly finished the MkIIa, all airfix. Mixed results with the 1st 2 (too much paint) The IIa is looking better (so far).

Started on the new Airfix Hurricane today, and they have come a very long way since i last built one of their kits, and followed the tips by the reviewer in the Airfix magazine by assembling the cockpit framing on the lower wing and didn't glue the outer parts of the spars. This my progress so far. I will get some paint on this in a couple of days and post some pics. I am watching the other builds to try and improve my techniques.

1. 17020958102_8b3936646f_n.jpg

16834872810_241e592c60_n.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Gary, welcome to the forums. I'll follow your build as I'm planning on getting this kit myself. You'll find a wealth of help on Britmodeller if you have any questions. Keep up the good work.

Cheers...

• Like 1

What he said ^^... welcome to BM Gary. As a fairly recent returner too I've found everyone here is very helpful so don't be afraid to post your progress and any questions / problems. Good luck!

• Like 2

No progress on the Hurricane, I wanted to get some paint on this and practice with my airbrush. Mixed results, masking set didn't fit the size of the model and some creep and lifting needed touching up. Canopy is the spare one just used to keep paint out of the cockpit.

Little spit will marked as 41 squadron EB-Z "observer corps"

17027481576_f3f10901a4_h.jpg

before touch up above and after below

16866096498_09b37a9a21_h.jpg

17053885745_1258d16f30_h.jpg

Edited by gazza1963
  • Like 2