Hasbro 29" Millennium Falcon

Madmonk

Got some of the side pieces added last night, a couple want re-working as there are still gaps.

IMG_0480_zpslkkwa7xv.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsds0wefgn.jpg

IMG_0478_zpsqp4rkagf.jpg

IMG_0477_zps9maosyr4.jpg

More to follow.

Thanks for looking,

Warren

• Like 4

Thanks guys.

It is on offer at a large retail store currently, 1/3rd off so I picked up a second one at the weekend. Now need to save up for another set of resin bits!!

Just had a look at the Randy Cooper page - even with the Hasbro discounted it is quite an investment (plus shipping and tax at the current rate...). Still a very cool kit to have.

But what I find most interesting is that the bundle price for the parts is 5 USD higher than the single sets. Quite a new approach - I wonder how successful this is :-)

Not noticed the bundle set, the resin an PE was $227 (£150) posted and thankfully didn't get picked up by customs. Spent another £70 on Shapeway bits and the lighting is self built. Primer and paint will probably be another £30, so yes quite an investment.

There are other resin bits from Randy for the ramp and landing gear but I will have mine in flight. Shapeway do a whole host of 3d printed stuff that could quite easily take this well over the £500 mark!!

Off to do a bit more.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

Quick up date on the slow progress!!

Engine section completed.

photo%201_zpslzhmrsbg.jpg

photo%202_zpstvgqeoyn.jpg

photo%203_zpsoy23kbzw.jpg

Underside Landing and warning lights fitted and tested.

photo%204_zpst9sv0tu9.jpg

photo%205_zpsjezr1fcl.jpg

Finally for now, base colours applied to underside.

IMG_0481_zpswusemp1c.jpg

This will not get done before the end of the GB, too much left to do, but will get it moved into the Sci-Fi section when the GB finishes.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 4

That's coming along nicely. :thumbsup2:

Will be interested to see the shapeways cockpit, as I'm rhinking of getting one of those, myself. Hoping my Salzo resin upgrade set will be here soon. Watching your build is getting me all enthused to crack on with mine.

Won't be long and you can get on with the real fun stuff. The weathering. :)

I hate weathering!! If it wasn't so heavily modified I'd do it nice and clean in factory delivered state!!

Will post picks of the cockpit when it arrived.

Weathering the Falcon is the best fun because it's all documented!!!! ^_^ In big scale you can really go to town on it and make a better job than the original model makers did! :tease:

• Like 2

As I suspected the cockpit arrived Saturday, though that wasn't the main reason for not finishing this during the GB.

This will be finished so will get it moved over to the Sci-Fi section.

Well done everyone that did make it through.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 2

Pity you did not make it through by yesterday - but I can fully understand. I had to do several shortcuts and some nightshifts to finish mine just 30 minutes before midnight. Well - I forgot the different time zone - I had one and a half more hours ;-)

Anyway: Great work so far and I am looking forwards to the updates. AFAIK you can continued the WIP in the GB section - only the Gallery is closed (ask how I know...)

Rene