1/72 Avro York

Nothing to criticize there Alan, that is just as wonderful as your previous two RFIs. I really like the York in these colours & would love to see it as a mainstream kit. seeing yours, I might have to try to see if I can stump up for the CMR conversion if its still available. :unsure: Even Contrail vac form conversions go for silly money & I'm not sure how the CMR kit would go with a slightly more affordable & much more available Airfix kit? Thanks a heap for putting these up Alan.

Steve

• Like 1

I did wonder about your York avatar myself so thanks for posting your gorgeous model,...it looks fantastic in the early camouflage colours.

Could I just ask about the nose badge please,...is it a RNZAF insignia?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Impressive (thinking about buying CMR conversion)

Good idea. I have a couple, a York conversion and a Mk II conversion. This way I only need 1 donor kit. Of course there is now an Airfix mk II availiable. Still, should be a good fun trying the conversion.....

I did wonder about your York avatar myself so thanks for posting your gorgeous model,...it looks fantastic in the early camouflage colours.

Could I just ask about the nose badge please,...is it a RNZAF insignia?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

It's the RAF 511 squadron badge.

Glad you like the model.

Edited by Alan Sannazzaro

Lovely job! The York is my favorite civil prop aircraft - I think it even trumps the Lancaster for looks. You got just the right ammount of weathering on here for my taste.

Very, very nice indeed. Well made and a nice point of interest in any display cabinet.

I've really never given this aircraft much more than a passing thought, but it really does look quite cool.

Cheers

Gaz

:)