E 3 D Sentry RAF

wow - that is an amazing model you have shared with us - stunning work and shading work way out of my skillset.

the photo angles really give it a sense of size and perspective

show winner quality I am sure - and, as noted above - very nice to see something special

Beautifully done!

What are the fins on the engines? I have never seen them that big before - are they a recent modification on RAF E-3s?

Tom

• Like 1

Very nice work! The paint pre-shading resulted in an excellent final effect, it looks great. It's a monster for sure - what is the wingspan and length?

Cheers,

Bill

Very nice..seen these many times down at raf coningsby.

Daz

Nothing to add....

Just out of this world

JR

Great paint workman such a huge kit, very nice indeed.

The fins are vortex generators and help control the flows air from the nacelles across the wings where there's complex changes of direction in the structure. Can't comment on the correct sizes but these do look a tad too wide and maybe start too far forward.

This is not a criticism of what is an outstanding build and one that is way above my skill level, merely a response to questions already asked.

A rare kit these days, and most definetly nice to see one of such quality here.

Rgds,

Eng

Great paint workman such a huge kit, very nice indeed.

The fins are vortex generators and help control the flows air from the nacelles across the wings where there's complex changes of direction in the structure. Can't comment on the correct sizes but these do look a tad too wide and maybe start too far forward.

This is not a criticism of what is an outstanding build and one that is way above my skill level, merely a response to questions already asked.

A rare kit these days, and most definetly nice to see one of such quality here.

Rgds,

Eng

Nice build, yes the vortex generators look a little 'overscale'

Picture from a Cybermodeller Walkaround

fidae_e-3d_11.jpg

The over build looks great, nice work repairing the windscreen. I have a B-52 with similar clear piece issues. What type of clear plastic did you use for the repair?