1/72 F-101A & RF-101C Voodoo from Valom

Robert

Wow! Excellent! The Academy 1:72 T-50 Golden Eagle, the 1:72 Eduard Spitfire IX family, the KP P-51B series and the Airfix Beaufighter X (honourable mentions to the Kinetic 1:72 AMX, Trumpeter MiG-29 "Fulcrum" series and KP La-5 series) now have more competition for the title of "Most Anticipated Kit of 2015" in my books. I've been hoping for a single-seat Voodoo that could stand toe-to-toe with the very nice Revell B-model for ages. Definitely want to grab enough to do the Operation Sun Run schemes, a Vietnam War RF-101 and a couple of the fighter models (including Robin Olds' aircraft, of course) at the very least...

Edited by Sabre_days

Typical...just spend a lot of time dragging the Hasegawa kit into the 21st century kicking and screaming and then they do this...mind you it's Valom so don't necessarily hold your breath too long.......

Too true ! Valom kits are not the easiest to build, even if these kits will be accurate, I can see many preferring the old Hasegawa RF

The F is another matter though, it's this or some long OOP conversion. As the first version is my favourite, I guess I'll be one of the guinea pigs who'll buy the kit immediately and then report on it. It will sure be better than my never completed conversion of the Matchbox kit...

• 6 months later...
Thanks to the kindness of the Valom people, we can now see some of the plastic for their first edition of the 1/72 single-seat Voodoos!

They will be available for purchase starting tomorrow, as I am being told.

Future scheduled editions will cover the F/RF-101A and RF-101G/H! Boy! Am I a happy dog or what! :lol:

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154232%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154311%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154257%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%20Untitled-2%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%20Untitled-1%20ch.jpg

Hope to see the rest of the parts soon, but from what I see, this is going to be an excellent kit of this much neglected variants, and personally the ones I like best.

As a side note, this will surely trigger the aftermarket guys and we will hopefully see a wealth of goodies which will surely be most useful for those of us that still have some of the old Hase kits partly started.

Hope you find this useful and congratulations to Valom for tooling these terrific Voodoo variants!

Cheers to all,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom
  • Like 11

"Available" from whom?

Gene K

I am trying to find that out myself, ha, ha! :chair:

I have been given a price of 24.50 EUR for the kit if ordering direct from Valom if I understood things correctly (plus postage to your respective country), but haven't been told yet how to actually send payment! Will let you know as soon as I know.

Also looking forward to seeing pics of the remaining parts, which include resin and PE.

Cheers,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

Available" from whom?

Gene K

Here's the way: send a request for the kit(s) you want to Mr. Václav Lomitzki at

vlomitzki (at) sezman.cz
ask for the total amount plus shipping to your country. You can then send payment via PayPal.
Worked for me! :) Not sure if this is the usual way though. Just give it a try!

Will they be bringing out any CF-101's one wonders?!

EDIT: I agree that the Revell kit is quite good. Not sure why another would be needed...

Best regards,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

The Revell kit is great! The only problem with Revell's CF-101 - current boxing has no decals for CF-101 - so it's just an F-101B. And aftermarket CAF decals don't seem to be in stock with major international online sellers.

I plan for a Canadian version and would probably need to go directly to Canadian decal manufacturers.

Edited by Dennis_C

Erm, isn't the Revell one the old Matchbox one reboxed? Have one of those in the stash!

Edit: Scratch that, just seen it's the old monogram one!

Revell has a new tool F-101B of their own!

Check this link:

http://models.primeportal.net/?p=2387

It has been reissued recently and is a very nice kit.

HTH,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom