Heller 1/48 Fiat G.91 Gina Luftwaffe

Have one in Portuguese colors but it's nothing close to your superbly build Gina.After looking at yours,I feel like refurbishing the kit and to give it a new lease of life...but still going to wear that familiar brown and green suit.

@ exdraken: There are some differences between the 2 kits. Maybe Occidental used the basic Esci kit as a starting point. The panel lines are engraved but the vortex generators on the tail of the plane are present in the Esci kit but not on the Occidental. I had to make them myself. Hopefully someday a modern kit will appear.

René

I love this generation of low cost jet fighter.

Your construction and finish is impeccable. Well worth the effort and thanks for sharing. :yahoo:

I built the same kit in the same markings some years back and it fought me every single step. I believe I used a full one-third of a (new) tube of Green Stuff filler on the d*mn thing.

So seeing how beautiful this one has turned-out... 'well lets just say it's an incredible 'tour-de-force'. Fantastic modelling, sir.

Ian.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I just found your model here

I have a close relationship to the G-91, because they was stationed in Oldenburg at JaboG 43, so many times i stand in the landing area and watch them at their landings and take offs.

Your model looks fantastic, really stunning what you made of this worse kit, well done mate

• Like 1