Airfix Blenheim Mk.IV into a RCAF Bolingbroke Mk.IV- conversion-FINISHED!

Thanks again fellas,

Hardtarget- Try again,.....I`ve cleared some room! Sorry about that.

Mardip- The main reason for the shiny surfaces was Humbrol 35 enamel Gloss Varnish,....from a large tin! From the bottle or small tin it just doesn`t seem to get so shiny and the bottle stuff is so thin that it just soaks into the paint! I used Klear (old formula,..ages old bottle!) due to the white paintwork as I find that it doesn`t yellow over time over white like enamel varnish does.

Dave- LOL # Glad you like it! I`m looking forward to seeing your Cottonised PR Blenheim too. I had to order a pair of clear sprues as mine were extremely cloudy in places, they did take some time but I got them in the end so just try to be patient,....either that or go and buy another,....you know you want to! Use the clear sprue from this one and them you will have another for the stash ready to roll when the clear parts arrive!

Thanks for your kind remarks everyone,....hopefully I`ll soon be finished with this one,

Cheers

Tony

Edit- As I`ve been asked by a few people now to make them some,....could I just remind everybody that I did not make the vacuformed side blisters for the cockpit windows myself,..... as I cannot vac form canopies having tried and failed dismally in the past,.......these came from an MPM/SH Blenheim kit.

I have built a few MPM/SH Blenheims which did not include these vac formed windows but the last one that I bought did have them included,.....so they were either added to later kits or were just a special edition. I don`t think that the kit is in stock with MPM anymore but they sometimes crop up at shows,.......maybe a kind cottage industry retailer can come up with some nice resin windows,.....Colin?

Edited by tonyot

Here is the latest small update,......a watercolour wash has been applied to help highlight the panel lines and is just waiting to be rubbed away tonight;

39746977772_f9f37c8a1c_k.jpgDSCF4811 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 4

I love how you say you have sparse info on the Bolingbroke. I believe you know much more about RCAF types than 99% Canadians like me.

Yeah, he's a pain (:>) and he's getting like that with RAAF stuff too!

Great work Tony - another one for my inspiration file.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don`t know about that fella`s,.......I`m always learning and you can never know everything about anything but thanks anyway! You two certainly know your biz when it comes to Aussie and Canadian aircraft and you`ve been a great help in the past when I`ve bugged you, so thanks for that! Glad you like the Bollie model.

Speaking of the model, I`ve done a bit more on the Bollie tonight including some weathering and I`ll stick some pics on asap,

Cheers

Tony

Hiya Folks,

Another update and nearly done now,.........the subtle panel line watercolour wash has been applied, sealed with a thin coat of rattle can spray varnish and finished off with a few brushed on coats of Aeromaster acrylic flat coat;

25906424228_c83738b334_k.jpgDSCF4829 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

I got quite a bit done today on some other projects too so happy days,.....this one should be finished by the weekend,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 7

Hiya Folks,

A final update before the model is finished,.......I`ve added some rails made from plastic card onto the top of the fuselage for the cockpit entrance hatch to slide along;

25906423568_2a53d84c73_k.jpgDSCF4837 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

Just a touch up with the paint and the addition of a clear DF loop `rugby ball' (I won`t call it a football because a football is actually spherical!) made up from a pair of cockpit bubbles left over from an old Matchbox Mossie kit,......the model should be finished.

Cheers for now,

Tony

PS- I`m a bit disappointed in the twin Brownings from my spares box and so I`m trying to find a better set.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Hiya Folks,

There are a few small things yet to do but I`m calling this one finished now!

27991321859_1684575b16_k.jpgDSCF4903 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

27991321539_6d804cdcad_k.jpgDSCF4906 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

24900219677_953458a220_k.jpgDSCF4896 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

25906148968_b47b69cd49_k.jpgDSCF4970 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

I`ll post more photos on RFI shortly,......cheers for following this one and I hope you`ve liked it,

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 17

Good to see the pics back Tony, it would have been a shame to lose them. I changed to Flickr also and have just bought a new DSLR with WiFi so that I can download direct onto it. I think that’s what they call win-win.

john

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Good to see the pics back Tony, it would have been a shame to lose them. I changed to Flickr also and have just bought a new DSLR with WiFi so that I can download direct onto it. I think that’s what they call win-win.

john

Win win indeed,....Flickr is so much easier,....and quicker to use too! Glad you like the pics,...cheers,

Tony

• 3 years later...
On 5/4/2015 at 4:53 AM, tonyot said:

25906149138_17dd9347a3_k.jpgDSCF4524 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

Hi

A bump from the depths

I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a copy of the photo in the background

I am getting some decals for a future project, so I was after a copy of the photo

always nice to prove the scheme on a model with a photo

Any ideas of the source ? 

cheers

jerry 

3 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

A bump from the depths

I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a copy of the photo in the background

I am getting some decals for a future project, so I was after a copy of the photo

always nice to prove the scheme on a model with a photo

Any ideas of the source ? 

cheers

jerry 

Hiya Jerry,.... the pic is from a private source in Canada who didn`t want me to share it,..... but were OK for me to post like this with the model on it,.... so sorry mate,.... that was the best that I could manage and will have to do,.... I promised not to share it and just use it as reference. I think that it has appeared in this book from Aviaology;

https://www.aviaeology.com/store/p154/AviaDossier-1_Canadian-Aircraft-of-WWII.html#/

3 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Wow Tony it's a little cracker...

Colin

Cheers Colin.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey,  I missed this the first time round, looks lovely,  great work as usual fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

That photo isn't in that book. I just looked at my copy.

Chris

Thanks for checking Chris.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Jerry,.... the pic is from a private source in Canada who didn`t want me to share it,..... but were OK for me to post like this with the model on it,.... so sorry mate,.... that was the best that I could manage and will have to do,.... I promised not to share it and just use it as reference. I think that it has appeared in this book from Aviaology;

https://www.aviaeology.com/store/p154/AviaDossier-1_Canadian-Aircraft-of-WWII.html#/

Hi  

No probs

I have been in the same situation quite a few times over the years with photos i could copy but can't share

Can be a pain sometimes when i post info from them but can't prove where the info came from 

cheers

jerry 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi  

No probs

I have been in the same situation quite a few times over the years with photos i could copy but can't share

Can be a pain sometimes when i post info from them but can't prove where the info came from 

cheers

jerry 

Cheers for understanding Jerry,..... if it was mine I`d say no problems and you are welcome to use the pic in this thread if you like,.... despite my model being on it.