Airfix Buccaneer S2B 1/72

Second model I would like to show you is Airfix Buccaneer 1/72. This model was build in 2011 for a Group Build of British Jets at Modelclub.gr forum

I added a little detail, rescribed the whole kit and tried to do my best to this awful kit. Comments are welcomed

NONT.jpgNONT028-2.jpgNONT037-3.jpgNONT039-2.jpgNONT046-7.jpgNONT099.jpgNONT100.jpgNONT110.jpgNONT113.jpgNONT114-1.jpgNONT130-2.jpgNONT154-1.jpgNONT164.jpgNONT170.jpgNONT198.jpgNONT200.jpgNONT233.jpgNONT232.jpgNONT234.jpgNONT235.jpgNONT236.jpgNONT237.jpgNONT239.jpgNONT224.jpg

• Like 33

Now that is just plain gorgeous. Am in the middle of this very kit so can sure appreciate the extra details you added. Very pleasing.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 3

Love it! I made one of these last month. I don't have the skills to rescribe panel lines, after I sanded down the raised lines I just left it plain.

It's unbelievable Airfix haven't done any re-tooling on this kit.

• Like 1

Lovely kit..ive been looking at the 48 scale..but it's pricey.

Daz

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your kind words!!

Buccanner is one of my favorite airplanes and it is a pitty that doesn't exist any good kit on the market today. I hope someday soon Airfix will bring a new mould on this kit.

JohnnySirm the colour of desert pink was made from a mix of my own with Gunze's H313 , H44 and H315 and trying be close to the photos of the original plane.

What a beauty,......one of the best Airfix Buccs that I`ve ever seen, it looks more like a CMR kit! Great modelling,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

That is stunning! You are right about the kit but I am afraid a lot of Airfix's kits from that era are of the same quality except for a very few. I built one last year and I have a good idea of all the excellent work you have put in this kit. I re-scribed the whole kit and I added a bit of detail but its not up to your standard. I displayed the one I did in flight as I didn't like the undercarriage. Yours just looks the part with all the detail in the cockpit, air brake, etc and its finished beautifully.

Someone out there has got the produce a good kit of a Buccaneer.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your nice words. I am always thinking to buy another one to built it in the grey scheme before retirement and heavy weathered...but I'll wait...maybe Airfix is reading my post right now and reconsiders to bring a new mould!! :D

Also TanModel has announced for a buccaneer 1/72 as a future project....so, we will see...