Kamov Ka-50 Hokum 1/48 Italeri

Hello guys!

As promised in my topic of the Pakistani Thunder I have finally finished the Hokum! There were some 100 stencils to put on so this took some time. But it's done!

For this one I used the Italeri kit with Eduard PE set and a Neomega resin seat (which is fantastic btw) and an Armycast resin set which provides pylons and exhausts. I think this is a must have if you are going to build this kit. Also I used the Begemot decalsheet which gives you the choice of 17(!) versions.

The kit itself is not a real quickie to build. A lot of putty and sanding went in and quite some fitting issues. But all the more rewarding in the end.

Enough said, here come the pictures. I hope you like my alligator :thumbsup:

DSC01545-1_zpsdyfu6j0b.jpg

DSC01546-1_zpssj4nuwiw.jpg

DSC01551-1_zpsmffu5gvt.jpg

DSC01552-1_zpsz9uvxpzo.jpg

DSC01555-1_zpsdm57cxrl.jpg

DSC01556-1_zpsylvgsvmj.jpg

DSC01557-1_zpsoqnekqip.jpg

DSC01547_zpsuqb5jq2y.jpg

DSC01548_zpsaaldfjb4.jpg

DSC01549_zpslazhzhmh.jpg

DSC01550_zpsg0km7qsr.jpg

DSC01553_zpsytlc91s3.jpg

DSC01554_zps8bvdtziy.jpg

DSC01558_zpsalq4xyfx.jpg

DSC01559_zpshmeymhns.jpg

DSC01560_zpskxbe6mzr.jpg

DSC01561_zpsagarmn2e.jpg

DSC01562_zpskbkbzgmw.jpg

A big thank you goes out to my good friend René (HartDeco) for making the pictures!

Thanks for looking and have a nice weekend lads!!

Regards, Jeroen

• Like 39

Very nice..these copters are growing on me fast

Daz

very nice model!

you drilled out the rocket tubes :) nice!

never heard of Armycast before, but looks good!

it is time that they bring out the now standard two-seater!

best regards, Werner

That's an excellent build - and a superb finish :thumbsup:

No criticism intended - but may I point out a slight error? - in the kit, not your build.

There is no connection between the upper swashplate and the top rotor blades - so their pitch angle cannot be changed.

Here's how it should be.... note the short rod from the top arm down to the blade root......

ka-50_37.jpg

IIRC, Italeri's 1/72 scale kit had the same problem.

Forgive me if the rods are actually there on your model - but just can't be seen - I'm just trying to help.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Thank you all for your kind comments!!

@Flankerman: thanks for pointing that out. If I had know then I would have added those rods. They were not in the kit. There are actually a lot of small errors in the kit which are completely different from the real thing. For example the visor on top of the canopy and the piece under the tail which is much longer in the kit than it's supposed to. To be honest, for me the main goal is to present a great looking model and total accuracy for me comes second, or third.. I could say that I will change these things if I build this baby again, but I doubt this will ever happen. This has been a very challenging piece of work.

Have a nice day and be well,

Jeroen