Matchbox Dornier Skyservant 1:72 - Son's First "Real" Model.

This is a great model for a starter model

:thumbsup:

Young Master N shows talent at an early age

Me?

I loved the Work In Progress thread

And I really hope he keeps it up, the two of you producing quality work makes us very lucky round here

That is excellent for 7. At 7, my efforts were a mass of glue.....

I did the Skyservant around that time and I remember the wing and engine pod tabs aren't that big, so fixing them wasn't that easy, so this makes me even more impressed!! Well done young man. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

The boy got third prize at Cosford today - he's over the moon. Got a trophy, certificate and I believe Airfix donated three prizes for the under 16 y/o class. He got the 1:72 Fouga Magister, which looks great for a future build. Also got a Matchbox Zero (only £4) for his next attempt:

tjsK6hrH.jpg

He loved the show, althouch I am a bit concerned about his apparent fascination with AFV's. Anyway, we had a great day (plus we got to meet Perdu!).

• Like 5

Fantastic. I must have seen it there without realising it was your lad's, please tell him well done.

By coincidence, I bought the same kit for old time's sake from the show, £8.00 from the little guy by the WW1 planes. Tell your nipper I'll try to make it as good as his.

waahhouu... 7 years... Some models again and he will be a serious competitor for futurs model shows

Bravo

Lionel

Thanks - he's raring to go with his Matchbox Zero, and the Airfix Magister. I've told him to give it a rest before starting another kit; no idea why I suggested it because I wouldn't have waited at his age...I'm turning into my dad.

Excellent, lovely little model! Who says the hobby doesn't have a future...?!

Well done on the award too!

keith

Ta very much - I'll tell him.

Must admit, on Sunday at Cosford - in fact at any model show I've been to - there weren't that many youngsters. The others I attend (Huddersfield and Telford), there are virtually no kids there at all. Cosford is of course a museum, so the kids there might have been visiting mainly partly for that.