1/72 - Boeing AH-64D Longbow Apache by Academy - released - new boxing in 2020

Homebee

• 2 months later...

Hmm, but Academy wrote - Cosford Air Show - better was a Prince Harry operation machine (but maybe it is the same Apache ? Who knows...).

Now decals (or whole kit) of Prince´s William SAR helicopters... (Seaking and Eurocopter ?)

Well, the Airfix HAR.3 is apparently featuring the markings of one of Prince William's mounts. So the two princes are covered.

By the way, does anyone remember the documentary about Prince Harry in Afghanistan, and the moment when he had to cut his interview short? With a little bit of dubbing it can be very different:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Just got the Brit boxing in the post today, and although I usually go for 1/48, I must say I'm very impressed.

You can build it as a 4 or 5 point HIDAS cab, and you can build it with either the original TADS housing or the newer M-TADS arrowhead housing. You do only get the newer 3rd MPG in the CPG's pit, so no ORT tube option.

The only thing I would say to be mindful of; if you are doing a 5 point HIDAS cab, and use the stub wing mounted MAWS, you will need to sand off the detail on the top of the MAWS housings either side of the fuselage, as these were removed and blanked over.

Other than that, the only thing I can see that is missing is the fuse board behind the Pilot's seat. Although I haven't found a kit from anyone yet that includes this, so I guess we can forgive Academy.

I'm really looking forward to starting this!

Daryl.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, 128fiddler said:

On 1999.co.jp they mention an upcoming release of an academy AH-64DJP with 13 (which I think are all active JGSDF) Apache serial numbers. 

Photos in full japanese colors and some specific mods visible.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10658352

spacer.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1