Type 45 Destroyer PE

John @ WEM

Coming around to finishing up the Type 45 Destroyer PE detail set. Any of you out there that have done a build on either the Airfix or Trumpeter kits, & have any ideas as to what can be included in this set, that are not immediately obvious from looking in the box, please let us know so Peter can add it it if practical.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the input on this subject. I have addressed as many of the points as I can and included a new Mezanine deck for the hangar as well as the overhead gantry crane and refueling hose drum. The access ladders to the mezanine have also been re done as well as the framework for the hangar roof. The ladder set and rail on top of the 4.5" gun is now in there as well as gun shields for the MG's.

The aerials on the radome ball are actually lightning conductors or static shield of some type. There are also four more on the corners of the mast just below the dome. I'm not quite sure if etch is the answer here as they are just straight wire poles. Maybe a drilling template to position the holes for wire or stretched sprue aerials to be inserted in the dome would work.?

The anchors or should I say the incorrect positioning of them on the Airfix kit would be better served with a diagram rather than a template, so I will add that to the instruction sheets.

• Like 3

ATEM%2035008_zpsq1lncdud.jpg

And here's the PE: ATEM 35008 Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer Detail Set in 1/350 scale. This set has been designed around the Airfix kit, but should also fit the Trumpeter kit as most parts will be of the same dimensions. Includes hangar interior details as well as the usual railings & nets & helicopter parts for Lynx & Merlin.

Updated to the current fit of the real ships with machine gun & minigun mounts with shields for the flight deck & foc'sle positions. Price £18.95 plus postage

• Like 2

The instructions with the PE set will be in the same step by step format that is in the kits. Much the same as those I did for the WEM PE sets.

All the best

Peter

Peter Hall

Atlantic Models

http;//atlanticmodels.net

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...