AT-ST Walker - Bandai 1/48

Thanks everyone

Fantastic!! Very inspiring.

Andy, how you did the streaky pattern? I mean, after painting the NATO black, you did a streaky pattern with medium sea grey, how you did that technique?

Some of the streaking comes from the NATO black showing through the grey but I also mixed a pale grey from the medium sea grey and white, which I sprayed in streaks over some of the panels

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

And I thought your AT-AT stood on its own as a work of excellence. You have a gift for this, you really do.

• Like 1

Awesome work there, Im going to get one of these in the next couple of months.

Tell me, what was the foliage you used for the base, it looks like you might have cannibalized your garden for it.

I was thinking about popping to my local games workshop to see what they might have to dress up the base.

Tell me, what was the foliage you used for the base, it looks like you might have cannibalized your garden for it.

It's from a company called Reality in Scale. They sell assorted pots of scatter material which are made up of a mix of actual twigs and bit of dead leaves etc. along with static grass and other synthetic bits. You also get some resin mushrooms with it. It looks like this

16699799617_7946bd8c44_c.jpg

I got it from Arcane miniatures

http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/reality-in-scale.asp

You can use stuff from the garden but you have to be careful as some things will wilt. Mosses and lichens are OK and crushed dead leaves make great ground cover. I used bits from the garden to make a base for a Thunder Tusk a couple of years ago. It still looks OK now but a couple of bits have wilted over time

9001514010_5172ac2d75_b.jpg

Andy

Edited by AndyRM101

• 2 weeks later...