1:32 Lightning F1 - pilot

Skyhunter66

I've decided to have a bash at my Trumpy 1:32 :Lightning and am going to do it with wheels up and 'in flight' hanging from the ceiling. Now I need a pilot but I've had a quick search on Google and can only seem to find WW2 aircrew. Anyone know where I might get one from?

thanks

Chris

Hi, Chris.

Try PJ Productions or Aires / Aerobonus / Quickboost or Mastercaster.

I know that PJ Prods do a seated US pilot, which might suit you with some adaptation to the figure's helmet.

Hope this helps.

Chris,

If you want to do an early Lightning pilot correctly they had quite different flying gear from the normal bone dome and mask so any of the PJ Productions will need quite a bit of modification to look right. Not sure how long that anomaly lasted before standard RAF kit came into use though so hopefully the resin figures will suit a later set of squadron markings.

Yes, you need a photo of a pilot wearing a helmet with fixed glazing and oxygen mask and partial pressure laced suit - although I think they were worn under the normal overalls

Suggest you google 'Photo of Lightning pilot wearing partial pressure suit' - I jus have and you get appropriate images complete with Lightning to verify! Unfortunately I couldn't paste an image into this thread!

Chris

Watching with interest, I think we're treading the same path.......http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978210-my-first-wiptrumpeter-132-f1af3-lightning/

TonyS

Hi Tony - yes indeed! This is good to know - I've been doing a bit today and my PJ Productions NATO pilot arrived and is very nicely moulded. I don't know about you but compared to other 1:32 kits there's not much in it to justify the price! That aside so far I am enjoying the build and had to decide earlier which version to do and it's the F3

Chris