Tactical Pod REGULT - Bandai 1:72

I've been experimenting with the diorama base and was thinking of using this as the basic layout.  What do those wot know think?

diorama1.jpg

The wobbly lines on the left indicate a slight incline, while the parallel lines under her left foot are a dirt road.  The circle with a dot will be a telegraph pole, and the little bits marked "rubble" will be rubble... isn't that odd?  I've got some 1:72 bricks inbound, some stripwood all cut up, and general dust and gravel which I can mix with pigment, plus some microscope slide covers that I can smash up to represent broken glass.  I'm not sure whether to have any grass in the bit on our left, as I'm not sure whether it'll look right in 1:72, but I have a Grassinator that @Dads203 made for me a few years back that I could use to apply some :unsure:

• Like 7

Getting the correct spec negative ion generator is the tricky part, as they're a component of tazers, apparently?  I managed to find a couple on eBay from China for decent wedge, so Dan built me one while he was doing his as a favour... bless 'im ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Getting the correct spec negative ion generator is the tricky part

This will be for the BM faster than light drive to be used on your trip to Martians home system next holiday season?

I like the layout of the diorama, though I would be tempted to turn the house to hide that damaged roof edge a bit.

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

This will be for the BM faster than light drive to be used on your trip to Martians home system next holiday season?

Could be :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I like the layout of the diorama, though I would be tempted to turn the house to hide that damaged roof edge a bit.

It's a bit of a 2-edged sword, as it also hides the most interesting part of the building. :hmmm: Might have a play with it later, as I'm matting down the J-22  at the moment :)

• Like 1

Thanks :)  Now I've finished the FFVS J-22A, I can crack on with this and the Tunnan, :) so I'm just deciding what to do first.  I think I need to level out the decal carrier film a bit first, which will be fun :frantic:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 1:57 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

@Mike I've just rediscovered this thread. I presume it's hiding in a box now? Shame it never got finished, I always liked the design of the Regult.

In case you're not aware, Hasegawa has released a line of Regult kits in 1/72. They started with the standard one, the small missle pod version came next and the recon one is the latest. 

Edited by FG2Si
Fix typo
  • Like 1