Spitfire Mk IX.

stevej60

Hi folks,fourth and final entry for this GB combines the classic British Spitfire in a superb French scheme of GC 1/7 Provence.

Another nice example of "new" airfix molds although the cockpit is a bit of a joke I have two of these kits built in the original kit,s

schemes so I don,t expect major issues.Box top for now.

spitfire_zpsuonfe9qp.jpg

• Like 6

Steve, everywhere I look, I find a new model you are building!!!!

You are impressive! While I am still pottering around with the cockpit of my Mirage, you are almost finished 4 models....

Oh well, I was never noticed for my speed!

This Spit is going to be beautiful. The paint scheme you have chosen is really charismatic. Great choice!

Keep them coming!

JR

• Like 1

Steve, everywhere I look, I find a new model you are building!!!!

You are impressive! While I am still pottering around with the cockpit of my Mirage, you are almost finished 4 models....

Oh well, I was never noticed for my speed!

This Spit is going to be beautiful. The paint scheme you have chosen is really charismatic. Great choice!

Keep them coming!

JR

Thank,s Jean I think the scheme looks fantastic Kit should be here by tomorrow so I can get a good look at the decals.

Steve the decals are fine I got this a month or so ago, both markings are French in the kit.

Your decals should be in the post today or Thursday aim crap at posting stuff that's why the time delay.

Paul

• Like 1

Steve the decals are fine I got this a month or so ago, both markings are French in the kit.

Your decals should be in the post today or Thursday aim crap at posting stuff that's why the time delay.

Paul

Thanks Paul, very much appreciate your help with the Heller decal,s I think I will tackle the Spitfire next so no hurry.

Edited by stevej60

Hi all, the Spitfire arrived today so here,s a shot of the decal sheet which is beautifully printed.As mentioned the kit,s cockpit is poor but as it,s

hardly visible once the canopy,s fitted it,s good enough for most just because the HSS-1 is drying(rotors) until tomorrow I cut of the major parts

of the sprue and cleaned them up and fitted the cockpit floor and rear bulkhead,replaced the poor kit seat with a Spare and cut and fitted an

instrument panel and "stick" niether of which Airfix supply,so once painted and detailed that should suffice.

SDC13139%20640x480_zpsrotrrlbc.jpgSDC13140%20640x459_zpswqzqqdar.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all, in between shed painting and housekeeping I got a little done on this build.cockpit painted seat belts added plus the headrest which is

also not present in the kit so with a decal added to the instrument panel next I can get the fuselage joined up.The wings are assembled and

cleaned up too,not a lot to the construction of this kit which must be great for younger modellers hence the quick build but I want to try a few

things with the painting maybe some pre-shading etc.

SDC13154%20640x480_zpsmarrchju.jpgSDC13156%20640x478_zpspzgrdrf3.jpg

• Like 3

Last update till after the Weekend back to work tomorrow! As I said this kit is a quick build if like me you are not one to go for anything but basic in the

cockpit so bulk of the assembly done ready for paint.A little filler needed just in front of the cockpit none needed on the wing/fuselage joints which just

needed a swipe with the liquid glue brush a smashing little kit this one.

SDC13160%20640x480_zpsgbtkhtr8.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folk,s,I managed a little progress on this one over the last two mornings and as I said I wanted to try a bit of pre-shading so here,s a couple of

photo,s of the base coat.brush painted main panel lines(thanks Stix) and final coat applied.I ran thinned black wash in the centre where fluid leaks

were common on Spitfires and ran a hairdryer over while still wet to simulate the running fluid but my photo skills don,t show the total effect with

practice I reckon this would look really effective especially on larger scale kit,s.Last photo shows the "mid stone" upper coat applied.

SDC13171%20640x480_zpsmb5jovel.jpgSDC13173%20640x480_zps5gq13opb.jpgSDC13174%20640x480_zpsxpjzfee7.jpgSDC13181%20640x480_zpsr9xexvnj.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folks,in between the last detail work on the Hss-1 I have pre-shaded the top coat and applied the thinned coat,as seen in the first two photo,s.I

have started the dark earth camoflage in very thin coats and could,nt resist getting some decals on the undersides.Thanks for looking in.

SDC13183%20640x480_zpsai2mcief.jpgSDC13185%20640x408_zpscc6i9lk3.jpgSDC13191%20640x461_zpsixanx0wm.jpg

• Like 2

Wow Steve! You are moving quickly on this build! Lovely stuff! Looks the pre-shade is doing it's job there - very nice!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Morning folks,here,s where I am with this build today,I was pleased with the pre-shading on the mid-stone areas but because of the hand painted

dark earth area,s most of it was lost so I used a sandy wash only on the panels it covered.Once the excess was removed I also rubbed of the area

I had maskoled over aluminum to represent the wear on the walkways and weathered the main decals so next job is to add the remaining decals

and wheels etc,thanks for your time.

SDC13192%20640x480_zpsns6hpvg9.jpgSDC13193%20640x480_zpsoaqrjat0.jpg

• Like 4

Steve, you are building faster than your shadow!!!

Beautiful scheme! I love the paint chipping on the karman. Good show.

JR

• Like 1