Martin 167 Maryland A3, Vichy AF, FROG, 1/72

Hi,

Next very archive model from my shelvs. I made it 37 or even 38 years ago. I am not sure about it when it was exactly, but it was during my last school days.... Now I just wash it from a gathered (despite beeing in close cabinet) dust and put new cover of Vallejo matt varnish, to refresh it a bit. I found her still sexy in this French Vichy pyjama :)

The model is in markings of Aeronaval, Vichy AF in Marocco.

Comments welcome

Jerzy-Wojtek

maryland DSC03860maryland DSC03861maryland DSC03862maryland DSC03863maryland DSC03865

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 14

Hi Jerzy!!!!!

AAAhhhhhh the old but wonderful Frog/Novo/......./Encore/ models!!!!!

Until our days those nice models seems like a never ending story giving testimony of the durability of the old but good tools where they are made.....without getting in controversy about the exact scale as the profiles were perfect........and that have given a chance to obtain at first, second or many more times in our modeling or collecting life those old friends with whom we have had been sharing feelings and many more things between all those years......and revive those nice moments....where info was very scarce and the model magazines were neraly a commodity as were very rare.......isn't it???

I like to watch your wonderful work and "read" the stories they are telling, as is easy to "read" between lines when anyone can share a model with all the feelings, effort, time, love and other things "invested and sealed" inside and out of any model, as yours.....

So I think you build it in 1977 when many of the "adds -ons" we now used to see to help or embelish many works have appeared, you were building models in that year, I was begining to have my own models bought with my own saved money every time I had a chance, and remember when in the biggest supermarket chain in my country and other stores not related with modeling stuff, like Pharmacies and gift stores, began to appear NOVO models at sensible very low prices......a Hasegawa 1/72 cheaper model of the Sabre, FW 190 or T 38 Talon in Black box was at Q2.75-Q3.00 in the hobby shop, while a Novo box in any other store like this one cost Q1.50 and the exchange rate was US$1.00 x Q1.00.....and once was US$0.90 x Q1.00.....can you believe????

That way, many of us got for say something a nice Hunter Mk9, Baltimore, Vengeance and others....smaller boxes like the Miles Master III for Q1.00....bigger models in bag were sold at Q0.75....and the smallest like the Percival Proctor at Q0.45 -Q0.50 each..........

I have bought again or for first time, many of those old friends, this one in a Encore rendition sold by a friend for Q50.00, also a Baltimore bad built from another modeler in a swap/sale for just Q10.00 some five years ago, later in 2006 a new one in box from a store in Q100.00 (now US$12.50)...together with a Miles Master and a Hotspur at the same quantity each.....Unbelievable that this models have the sticker of the Guatemalan supermarket and the guy that sold me said that this was a special order sent from abroad.....without a doubt as he was a younger man, he didn't knew about the sticker until I said it....what a surprise for him...JAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Without a doubt, watch and enjoy your masterworks makes me dream and in sometimes get back to the old and past times that were very happy to me, as many models you have build and showed here have your story and for me, many stories to tell and I have to say that I am very grateful to be your friend and a very big thank you as you have made surface many stories i have to share.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

PD: BTW, have you build a Baltimore to share here????? ;)

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

PD: BTW, have you build a Baltimore to share here????? ;)

If I remember well he had - also some 30+ years ago :)

In RAF desert camo and Italian (hand painted) markings

• Like 2

Thank you Luis for your story :) - and Mike (KRK4m) and Martin for your comments.

Indeed, I have also a Baltimore in DE/MS/Azure camo and Badoglio markings and some other old Frogs not shown here yet like Beaufighters: Mk X (reshaped - bigger cowlings, smaller canopy) and Merlin driven Mk II Night Fighter, Beaufort (also deeply reshaped - new engines and canopy), Barracuda, Firefly, Swordfish, Skua, Vegneance (deeply reshaped wing and cowling...), Fokker FVII form Spanish republicans as bomber... - but each of them requires some efforts before posting - cleaning, repairing broken tail wheel or anthena - so please be patient... I will try to pimp them up or refresh - if you like - before posting....Anyway - I will :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

Thank you Luis for your story :) - and Mike (KRK4m) and Martin for your comments.

Indeed, I have also a Baltimore in DE/MS/Azure camo and Badoglio markings and some other old Frogs not shown here yet like Beaufighters: Mk X (reshaped - bigger cowlings, smaller canopy) and Merlin driven Mk II Night Fighter, Beaufort (also deeply reshaped - new engines and canopy), Barracuda, Firefly, Swordfish, Skua, Vegneance (deeply reshaped wing and cowling...), Fokker FVII form Spanish republicans as bomber... - but each of them requires some efforts before posting - cleaning, repairing broken tail wheel or anthena - so please be patient... I will try to pimp them up or refresh - if you like - before posting....Anyway - I will :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy and Mike:

Without a doubt, as I see, you will have enough material to show here in many more time to come, believe me, I am happy with that as like to watch how you transform those nice old friends in masterpieces,and its nice to know there are another friend of you from the same city and country that knows what you have and how is painted, right now will go to watch his works and hope to find many more treassures in his posts too.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers!!!

• Like 1

If I remember well he had - also some 30+ years ago :)

In RAF desert camo and Italian (hand painted) markings

Hi Mike:

Thank you very much for the help, as i see, I am sure you have had the pleassure to watch the little museum owned by Jerzy, thank you very much for your help, BTW, do you like the old planes as us????

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Hi Luis,

thank you again for your nice comments and enthiusiasm :) I am looking at my shelves - and belive me - not too many left to post :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Hi Mike:

Thank you very much for the help, as i see, I am sure you have had the pleassure to watch the little museum owned by Jerzy, thank you very much for your help, BTW, do you like the old planes as us????

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Hi Luis,

Yes, I had this pleasure as I know JWM since his birthday 55 years ago - he's my (younger) brother :)

We shared the room for 14 years and our 72nd scale (earlier also 1/100 and 1/144) aircraft collection was displayed in common cabinet.

Then each of us moved out and now we live some 20 miles apart.

His collection is much bigger than mine, but I also like aircraft modelling.

BTW what do you call the "old planes"?

Cheers

Mike

• Like 3

Hi Mike:

Its a nice surprise to know it, surely both of you have shared many things, happy things indeed, and also, the nice pleaasure of plastic modeling. i have seen a pic shared to me by Mario, a common friend, the one that depict the very begining of your career as "Miracle Makers", as the way you make plastic modeling is more like that. I have seen part of your Vampire post and have seen that you are a special person gifted with the joy of know how exact are the replicas we can build. I also like jet planes and when have many more time will enjoy the rest as is very interesting the way you think. I admire the work displayed by jerzy here, as the nice job done by others but like a huge lot when found fine works done with "Old School Techniques" as usin balsa wood, other kits parts, modifications with home mould and vacformed parts, getting very advanced results, it is not using all the now in vogue paraphernalia of photo cut etchings and metal or resin parts in a model as now is used to.

About "Old Planes": I am thinking in kits that now many modelers doesn't like as there are more and more modern kits like Special Hobby, AML and other more finer than Hasegawa or Tamiya kits, that also are nothing rudimentary like the Frogs/Novo/Intech/Encore/ incarnations and older Airfix ones.........and thinking slow, the right term would be better "Old Kits".....and think the answer is yes as have read about the rows of Frog/Novo Vampires you have build.

Hope I will have enough time to continue reading your interesting topics posted and learn many more about the many things you published and also, why not, enjoy your friendship too!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 2