Vroom resin kit of Citroën 2CV 4x4 Sahara

There are a few reasons for picking this particular kit:

I never usually built cars. I've never built a resin kit. I don't think anyone else, so far anyway, is doing one. And finally, it was in my stash.

Most of us will have come across a tin snail, but not many will have seen the 4x4 version. (These are not to be confused with the more recent Louis Barbour conversions). The Sahara was made by Citroën in the late 50's and early 60's. It had two engines, one in the front, the other was installed in what had been the boot.

I don't know very much more about them other than what can be easily gleaned from the interweb. I believe there are only about 27 of them left. If anyone knows anything about them, or if one can be seen in the UK, please send me a message.

This is the Vroom kit which I got secondhand some years ago.

7eb14f53-b87c-40b6-8af6-949506f00001_zps

The only included paperwork I have is a photocopy of a French publication which has information about the Sahara and some handwritten notes concerning which colours should be used. There are no assembly instructions as such, mind you, it doesn't consist of that many parts. There are some photoetched windscreen wipers, vacformed glazing, chromed mirrors, steel axles and vinyl (?) tyres. So it is something of a multimedia kit.

I don't suppose I'll be assembling it as is. There are a few alterations I'd like to make. But I'll research matters a little further before I commit to anything. Also, I'd like it to be weathered, set on a small base and not merely be displayed sitting on four tyres. We'll see..................

• Like 4

There are a few reasons for picking this particular kit:

I never usually built cars. I've never built a resin kit. I don't think anyone else, so far anyway, is doing one. And finally, it was in my stash.

Sounds like enough good reasons for doing this one.

I'm really pleased to see the car models in this GB, this one's no exception.

Welcome to the GB and good luck with this.

Yes, I should have mentioned the scale. 1/43. (Unless somebody tells me otherwise.)

• Like 1

Some inspiration (if any is needed) from Jorgen (Bengalensis) here

http://www.britmodel...tory/?p=1407655

I didn't know this. (It does inspire me indeed).

Thanks

• Like 1