Dutch Harvards 1947 (cockpit-color)

hans2000

I am not a expert Hans, but I would go with interior green(US color). From what I know are that the two colours are not so different and RAF airplanes comming from the US were painted in American equivilant colors.

I don't know if they were reverbished before delivery, than it could be possible that the interior color was RAF cockpit green.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

I am not a expert Hans, but I would go with interior green(US color). From what I know are that the two colours are not so different and RAF airplanes comming from the US were painted in American equivilant colors.

I don't know if they were reverbished before delivery, than it could be possible that the interior color was RAF cockpit green.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Arnie,

Do you know HOW difficult it is to repaint a cockpit?

Take all the fittings, pipes and wiring looms off, repaint, refit all the removed items carry out all the disturbed system functional checks - it's an awful lot of work just to change from one shade of green to another subtly different shade of green. Removable bits of the cockpit may get refinished so there could well be freshly painted parts mixed in with well worn parts.

There likely to have been in the same green they were manufactured in, as you say for US aircraft, interior green. Not sure what colour Canadian built aircraft were painted in but it's likely to be similar to the US spec.

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Hi Hans,

the militaire luchtvaart museum in Soesterberg used to have a harvard fuselage with its skins removed so that one can see the interior. If i remeber it correctly it was close to british inerior color then again I don't know if these are Original or they were painted this colors after restoration.

Of course you could aks them?

with Regards

Rob