French p47 bubbletop, Revell 1/72

Dorbeck

Well, being a newbie, what better than to join a groupbuild? And one with French subjects too. My stash had quite a few Heller classics, but unfortunately those are already built.

So after some stash searching I came up with this one. A nice and simple build: the Revell Thunderbolt OOB. This kit was given to me by my son, who found it in a charity shop. The box is a bit tattered, but the sprues are all there. And it has French markings included. So, out of the stash, and into the group build.

doosinhoud2_zps69ojfnaz.jpg

The usual picture: box and sprues. Nice details, finely engraved panel lines. And knowing the more recent offerings from Revell, building it should be trouble free.

So... Allons-y!

• Like 4

Nice one, another P-47D! And it's a Revell one (I didn't know Revell did one) which means I can use the online Revell instructions to figure out what paints they recommend, as I brushpaint with Revell Aqua Colours. :)

Looking forward to seeing it come together, my own P-47D is still a couple of weeks away from the bench, finishing an A-10 first...

J.

• 2 months later...

The last months were kinda hectic, with a lot of visits to hospitals (family, not myself luckily) but that doesn't mean I didn't have some time to work on my models!

Marcel: thank you for the information. But I have just used the decals included in the kit, so I'm afraid I have used a bit too large decals. not that much mind you. What is bothering me more is that the colour blue is darker than most of the other builds/schemes I've seen.

Yes, i'm bothered that it isn't quit right. But I hope to have made a good enough model...

The first thing to be done was of course the cockpit. It was okay, considering it is a kit which only costs a few euro's. Seatbelts are home made with some tamiyatape and paint. Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but it is a small part so difficult to get a good picture.

cockpitp47_zpslvf5coet.jpg

Edited by Dorbeck

Next is closing the fuselage. And i've already started to paint the yellow bands on the plane (better than a too stark coloured decal in my opinion)

2rompp47_zps7gnrjeoy.jpg

Also worked on the engine. Again great fit.

motorp47_zpsddltx2vr.jpg

• Like 1