P-40M 44th FS, 1/72, pics heavy (sorry;) )

Hey guys, first finished kit in new home :) Built as part of P-40 GB, here you can watch the WIP if you are interested :)http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976954-p-40m-academy-minicraft-172-44th-fs-finished-new-photos-3182015/

I did add some details to cockpit (Marabu PE set + scratch), wheel wells (Marabu PE set + scratch), radiator intake and flaps (Marabu PE, Eduard Zoom and scratch), flaps are from great Marabu PE set (made for AZ Model P-40E), exhausts are Quickboosts, U/C legs and drop tank from Sword kit, AML wheels (worst wheels, never again, the design was totaly out, disapearing here and there...), mirror and canopy slide part made from scratch.

I had some disaster happening while spraying the exhaust stain, so i tried to save it a bit, but the finish is much bigger then intended :(

Well, enough talking, some shots are comming :)

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

089.jpg

092.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

• Like 16

That's really special, well done. The P40 is interesting as it was such a robust aircraft and could survive in harsh environments, so it lends itself to the full weathering treatment. I could spend ages just looking at the spinner on yours, it's so nicely done! Justin

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant as always Wolwe. As I said in your WIP; your attention to detail at all stages is phenomenal! Stunning build. Well done.

Good to have you back!

• Like 1

You weren't kidding about the pictures. When I clicked them to zoom in they took seconds to load and are enormous. I was impressed with the weathering. The drop tank even has a dent in it and actually looks like it's metal. On the other hand in extreme close up which is possible with those high definition photos the paint seems thickly applied and the cockpit instruments seemed rather crude for a 1/48 scale model..............

Then I read the introduction: 1/72nd

That's incredible. Some of the details must be all but invisible without strong magnification, like the tiny scratches on the wing and the dent in the tank.

Fantastic job.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't believe its 1/72nd scale! Superb! Regards, Joe

• Like 1