Potez 63-11

This one is moving slowly for the moment. With thirteen builds in five concurrent GBs, there's a lot going on at Matrix Mansions. :lol::mental:

The cockpit repaint is now complete.

P-006.jpg

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 4

The undercarriage bays have a resin insert into which the gear legs fit - hopefully securely... :)

P007.jpg

Transparencies fitted. I was a little concerned about these but they fitted very well indeed. I now have to do a bit of work to ensure that they blend in to the main fuselage. The design of these is well thought out with a large area of fuselage side included in the transparencies to allow the builder to carry out the blending without fear of damaging the window areas. We'll see how well I do... :fool:

P008.jpg

P009.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It took me ages to mask the nose transparencies and to remove the join lines. I had to remove the cockpit and nose pieces, which will be refitted after the first coat of paint.

The wings are a simple butt joint to the fuselage so I drilled a hole through the wing roots to allow a piece of sprue to act as a spar. The spar was reinforced by milliput packing in the wing interiors.

P010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On with the paint!

Primed with Alclad2 grey primer and then given a first coat of Lifecolor UA145 Gris Bleu Fonce.

P011.jpg

The blue grey areas are masked off with blutak rolls and Copydex. The green has been sprayed on using Lifecolor UA142 French Kaki.

P012.jpg

More areas masked off. The brown is Lifecolor UA143 French Brown.

All masking removed and the undersurfaces sprayed with Lifecolor UA141 Gris Bleu Clair

P013.jpg

P014.jpg

• Like 1

So far so very good Enzo.

The transparencies are a lot more user friendly than on the old Heller kit! No scoop here.

Excellent paint job.

We are all waiting with trepidation for the next installment!!!

JR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that the long spindly gear support struts that attach to the main struts are resin - does it look like you can fit them without breakages?

They are resin. And no... :fool:

We'll find out in the next couple of days. :lol:

• Like 1

It turns out that the resin undercarriage struts were not a problem. I put a fresh, sharp blade in the craft knife and worked carefully. Now they are fitted they make the aircraft look even more archaic. :)

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1

This looks smashing! But you're going to have fun in fitting the transparencies last!!!

Good luck!

JR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...