Morane-Saulnier M.S.475 Vanneau V FM 1/48th

Hi
Well I have not finished the Vanneau, here are some photos of how far I got.

DSC_0975%20-%20Copy_zpso8vsdoel.jpg

DSC_0984_zps5oioylxd.jpg

DSC_0977_zpspb2eijgn.jpg

DSC_1672_zpsllhx2qka.jpg

The Prop as you can see it dose not fit to well. I have started to fix it will have to make a new smaller base plate and get it all lined up as the kit holes are not centred. I have all so moved the exhausts on the right side up a bit as they were 1.2mm lower that the left side this makes it look a lot better if viewed from the front and aim doing new pipes.

DSC_1676_zpsgf9wxuca.jpg

Some of the detail that is missing from the kit that I have added a few more bits to do.

DSC_1677_zpszqfpkeu7.jpg

The wing detail.

DSC_1686_zpsqpmtjjtv.jpg

DSC_1673_zpsc0saqr3r.jpg

The rad up dates I have started to do the other vent that is at the rear of the rad.

DSC_1678_zpsnxl3tzma.jpg

This bloke keeps popping along to see how things are going.

DSC_1688_zpsdvpv8q9e.jpg

As it stands just now I shall carry on with it and will get it finished, I think I have found my speed with this kit and in a strange way quite like it.
I will in a few weeks start a thread in the A/C WIP section to carry on this build just so you can see how I get on and finish this kit.
Well done to all that finished kits.
If any of you are at shows and wish to display the A/C that you have built that carry French markings you are very welcome to put them on the French Airforces Sig stand, email me to find out which shows we shall be at.

Paul

Edited by PaulT 876
  • Like 1

Hi

Well I have not finished the Vanneau, here are some photos of how far I got.

DSC_0975%20-%20Copy_zpso8vsdoel.jpg

Paul

the backside of propeller is forward on this pic, flip it.

nice work, waht is the reference of honeycomb of water cooler?

Hi

I will try that, to see if it works I think I did try it and it looked wrong will give it a go again.

Ref the Water cooler no ref just thought it might have it as I have not seen many good details ref this bit. Looking at your drawing it does look to be a clear intake and nothing to the cooler itself.

I will take it out and see if I can make the intake deeper.

There is so much missing or wrong it’s hard to keep up, I will get as much done as I can to get it right, and more info is being found all the time.

In Oct aim in France and on our way to and from the show at Hyeres we shall be visiting as many museums as we can aim trying to go the ones with a Vanneau in them.

Many thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not necessarily trying to resurrect the thread, but I'm glad I found it (in a Google search) before bidding on one of these on eBay...

Looks like a lot more work than I'm willing to do.

Did you ever finish this one, Paul?

No not yet it's coming along slowly, I have found a few more photos that have helped out.

This is a long slow plod of a build, much like most of my stuff now.

I took it to France for a show and it got a lot of looks and words like mad to carry on or build it.

So it makes me more want to finish it at some stage but get it right as much as I can.

Paul

• Like 1