Star Wars AT-ST, AT-AT and AT-DP camouflage schemes

Incorporating a bit more weathering into this one to give me a better idea of how it may look on the model.

1HWPPxZ.jpg

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1
Fixed links. Updated graphic design elements.
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Have just stumbled across this thread. I'm loving the artwork and camo ideas. For my tuppence, I suggest a scheme based on the British Berlin Brigade camo. This was essentially a pattern of rectangles in brown, green and white. Looked terrific and apparently was quite effective in urban areas. I did it on this Ork looted walker - looks a bit like a baby AT-ST :)

46283701965_79ba1e80f9_z.jpg

cheers

Stu

• Like 5

7 hours ago, pylwagl said:

Hi all

Have just stumbled across this thread. I'm loving the artwork and camo ideas. For my tuppence, I suggest a scheme based on the British Berlin Brigade camo. This was essentially a pattern of rectangles in brown, green and white. Looked terrific and apparently was quite effective in urban areas. I did it on this Ork looted walker - looks a bit like a baby AT-ST :)

cheers

Stu

Stu, check page 3, Andy has done such a scheme for an AT-AT.

• 2 years later...

I see I have a lot of links I need to fix-up! Thanks Photobucket! :fight: I'll get to them, in time. :snail:

In the mean time here's the first for 2022! :wicked:

0RcVk2k.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent job on the 'Walker'! I remember the first time I saw one whilst watching 'The Empire Strikes Back' when it first came out - I thought it was about the coolest machine/weapon I'd ever seen. One thing I've never quite understood about most science-fiction is this, though - why do they assume that any space force will apparently spring from the 'Navy'? Isn't it more logical to assume that it will come from some sort of 'Air Force'? Just something I've never quite understood nor agreed with.

Best Regards,

Jason ('Star Wars' fanatic since a long time ago)

18 minutes ago, Learstang said:

One thing I've never quite understood about most science-fiction is this, though - why do they assume that any space force will apparently spring from the 'Navy'? Isn't it more logical to assume that it will come from some sort of 'Air Force'? Just something I've never quite understood nor agreed with.

My theory is because they operate Ships not aircraft. They have helms not cockpits they also have engine rooms and hangar bays. They belong to fleets not a specific space force. The terminology lends itself to a Naval origin. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I remember the first time I saw one whilst watching 'The Empire Strikes Back' when it first came out - I thought it was about the coolest machine/weapon I'd ever seen.

Yeah I remember that day, I was about 15, my jaw dropped! I'd never seen until then, nor since, a science fiction based fighting machine as cool looking as the AT-AT! B):clap:😍

As for "Navy" I'm not sure. I guess they deploy from a space-ship so the Naval theme is already there? :shrug:

• Like 1

I suspect you're both correct about the 'Naval' aspect of having ships, just in space. But is still seems to me that any space force would grow out of an air force, so should keep the same terminology. But let's not forget that naval terminology is still present with aircraft, such as port and starboard, amidship, bulkheads, galleys, fore and aft, etc. And I suppose if you went from flying aircraft carriers (not as looney as it sounds - Robert Bartini, the Italian-Soviet aircraft designer actually proposed something like this*), it's just a step up (way up!) to having interstellar 'aircraft carriers' or spaceships.

Best Regards,

Jason

*And let's not forget the USS Akron and Macon.

Edited by Learstang
Small change.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gekko_1 said:

Yeah I remember that day, I was about 15, my jaw dropped! I'd never seen until then, nor since, a science fiction based fighting machine as cool looking as the AT-AT! B):clap:😍

I was a bit older, about 19 or so, but I had the same reaction, and still do!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gekko_1 said:

Here's a slight variation on the previous one.

7onR6NC.jpg

Great work as usual. I think I personally like the color combination on the first one but the spot size on this one. Noticed the inside leg is not camouflaged but the inside foot is, is that intentional?

Since the start of this thread we have a new vehicle in the family come on board, the AT-M6. Do we think the camo options for the AT-AT will transfer well to the larger canvas? 

https://www.deviantart.com/emigepa/art/AT-Collection-715343559

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tank1812 said:

Noticed the inside leg is not camouflaged but the inside foot is, is that intentional?

Yes. I'm just playing around with all sorts of combinations until I find something I like.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tank1812 said:

Since the start of this thread we have a new vehicle in the family come on board, the AT-M6. Do we think the camo options for the AT-AT will transfer well to the larger canvas? 

Absolutely! I've got the Revell snaptite kit and two of the smaller Bandai kits for future builds. So eventually a profile of the AT-M6 will appear here too! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I am currently updating my images starting at page 1. Getting rid of the old Photobucket images :frantic: and also updating the graphic design of my original posts. They will still have 'the look' of the originals, but I may re-imagine the colours of some of them and add the graphic design elements of 2022 into the 2015+ images. Just for a bit of fun I'm also going to be adding classic Star Wars vehicles/ships etc into the backgrounds as faded silhouettes B)

The first two AT-ST's have been completed. ✔️ :popcorn:

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My updating of original images starting at Page 1 is progressing well. 23 AT-ST's have been re-imagined/updated so far. :coolio:

Because of Adobe's ridiculous subscription service I can no longer use Photoshop, so am now un-learning Photoshop and learning all about Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer to do the updated illustrations.

Hopefully you are all enjoying the chipping, scratches, dust and leaks! :shrug:

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Gekko_1 said:

Hopefully you are all enjoying the chipping, scratches, dust and leaks! 

No, I am not because now I want to get more AT’s cause those updates look freaking awesome.

Keep up the excellent work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK, all 43 of the AT-ST profiles have now been updated! :thumbsup:

Next I'll either start on the AT-AT's or do some more AT-ST's? :shrug:

I've also got to look into getting an AT-M6 Gorilla Walker profile going too at some point. :hmmm:

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gekko_1 said:

OK, all 43 of the AT-ST profiles have now been updated! :thumbsup:

Next I'll either start on the AT-AT's or do some more AT-ST's? :shrug:

I've also got to look into getting an AT-M6 Gorilla Walker profile going too at some point. :hmmm:

Cheers

Richard.

Hello Richard have you ever done an AT-DP the All Terrain-Defense Pod from Rebels ? Its seems to be a bit larger than an AT-ST with a Single large main gun. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Defense_Pod

My next AT-ST build Is going to be modified to one of these. Probably with Desert Camouflage of some sort ? 

Dennis

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Richard have you ever done an AT-DP the All Terrain-Defense Pod from Rebels ? Its seems to be a bit larger than an AT-ST with a Single large main gun. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Defense_Pod

My next AT-ST build Is going to be modified to one of these. Probably with Desert Camouflage of some sort ? 

Dennis

No Dennis, never done an AT-DP. I could include it here if I could find a suitable side profile drawing of one though. Do you know of any?

• Like 1