I like the Berlin one but the second

Sunday one shows what I mean.

It's a big box, so just some digital

patches around the edges and it makes

it visually smaller. (Perhaps).

BTW, the Logistic machine, could that be

a support vehicle rather like the WW2 U boat

milch cows? It's the same height as the others

so no ladders/servicing platforms etc required.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have the talent or ability to produce the artwork myself so I'll just offer another suggestion and, perhaps, plant the seed of an idea in a more skilled mind: would a vehicle with the size and presence of the AT-AT make an interesting canvas for the equivalent of a squadron anniversary/flagship or US Naval Aviation "CAG" high visibility colour scheme?

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1

OK, here I reversed the previous scheme, added some more cream colour to the legs and head and did about 4 hours worth of weathering in Photoshop! :wacko:

Tatooine%207.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 7

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, AndyRM101 said:

34106660506_be7a5d455c_b.jpg

I saw this on the net and immediately thought of yours Andy. ^_^

18057741_1723883240971658_77182789765196

• Like 5

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

I like these latest ones.

Digital, could less be more?

I think digital is one of those things that has to be done right or it loses the point? I'm wondering if there's a mathematical theory behind it? Anyway, as you can see here with this Malaysian Sea King, when it is photographed against a plain background is stands out like the proverbial dogs balls, but against a busy background one can see the effect of the digital break up taking effect.

NURI%20HELICOPTER%20Pasukan%20Udara%20Te

NURI%20HELICOPTER%20Pasukan%20Udara%20Te

Eventually I'm going to try and illustrate one of my AT-AT's based on this scheme.

Then there's this.............................

dazzle%20cao.jpg

Which is more along the lines of what I'm experimenting with. To confuse the eye into not recognising the object before them.

The experiments continue............................................... :wacko: :book: :frantic: :hmmm:

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:54 AM, Richard E said:

Unfortunately I don't have the talent or ability to produce the artwork myself so I'll just offer another suggestion and, perhaps, plant the seed of an idea in a more skilled mind: would a vehicle with the size and presence of the AT-AT make an interesting canvas for the equivalent of a squadron anniversary/flagship or US Naval Aviation "CAG" high visibility colour scheme?

Yes! Absolutely. I can just imagine the propaganda effect of something this size all decked out in Squadron/ Brigade colours, so yes Richard, I know exactly what you mean. I've been researching some of the flags and graphic design that fans have been putting together that might well form the basis of exactly this sort of scheme.

Imperial%20flags.jpg

And from that sort of design principle I came up with this one for Tatooine.

Imperial%20Navy%20Tatooine%202.jpg

So after I've exhausted myself of dazzle/digital/Caunter type schemes I may well have a crack at it.

Edited by Gekko_1
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Gekko_1 said:

Yes! Absolutely. I can just imagine the propaganda effect of something this size all decked out in Squadron/ Brigade colours, so yes Richard, I know exactly what you mean. I've been researching some of the flags and graphic design that fans have been putting together that might well form the basis of exactly this sort of scheme.

And from that sort of design principle I came up with this one for Tatooine.

Imperial%20Navy%20Tatooine%202.jpg

So after I've exhausted myself of dazzle/digital/Caunter type schemes I may well have a crack at it.

That's the sort of scheme my untalented mind had pictured - no doubt you'll be able to make a much better job of it Richard.

3 hours ago, Gekko_1 said:

Then there's this.............................

dazzle%20cao.jpg

Which is more along the lines of what I'm experimenting with. To confuse the eye into not recognising the object before them.

Oh my eyes......!

Probably based on naval Dazzle camouflage schemes:

c812a8ed52b70fa8c1b0a1ce98c45a63.jpg

Hmmmmmm - I'm thinking that you could probably use a similar configuration to "WHIF" a mobile heavy assault cannon where the power supply and controls are built into the body of the AT-AT and the cannon is mounted on a platform on the back/top and flank of the unit.

3 hours ago, Gekko_1 said:

18057741_1723883240971658_77182789765196

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

Hmmmmmm - I'm thinking that you could probably use a similar configuration to "WHIF" a mobile heavy assault cannon where the power supply and controls are built into the body of the AT-AT and the cannon is mounted on a platform on the back/top and flank of the unit.

Oh don't even get me started on what could be "Whiff'd"! :evil_laugh:

smerch.jpg

russian_s_1460540774.jpg

There wouldn't be a so called "Rebel" snowspeeder pilot that would dare leave his/her hanger!

• Like 2

I wanted to see what one of my earlier patterns looked like with the new colours and weathering applied. I modified the shapes a little bit. More a case of rounding them off.

Tatooine%208.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 4

Continuing on with the dazzle style camo scheme. I've given up on a digital pattern, it just doesn't work. :frantic:

AT-AT%209.jpg

Next up is an AT-VLRST (All Terrain Vertical Launch Rocket System Transport) ! B)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reconcilor said:

For me, that last one's the best of the AT-AT schemes. Don't know why but it 'does it for me!'👍

Yeah me too. What I did was really study the dazzle camo schemes applied to WW1 ships and tried as best I could to replicate the shapes, with-in reason. Worked out quite well. I'm probably going to put this scheme on my Bandai AT-AT, after I've finished my Bandai AT-ST. Plus I want to try this type of scheme out on an AT-ST profile, just to see how it compares. In a perfect world I want to try and do a complete diorama based on Tatooine with three variations of this type of dazzle camo on 3 AT-AT's and 2 AT-ST's all in 1/144th scale. I'm not sure people really understand what I'm trying to achieve here? Maybe because the AT-AT's aren't grey they thinks its not cannon? I'm hoping 'somebody' shows these to Doug Chiang, or somebody like that and thinks they are a good idea and incorporates it into a future Star Wars movie. It would be awesome to see AT-AT's camo'd like this on the big screen!

• Like 3

Completely agree about a whole range of aesthetic possibilities that could open up in the Star Wars universe if someone was to give some serious thought to camouflage. This could be 'low hanging fruit' for a Lucasfilm employee with a bit of imagination.👍

• Like 3

OK, here's the AT-VLRST (All Terrain Vertical Launch Rocket System Transport). It operates in a very similar way to the Russian Army TorM1 SAM system. It has two different side loaded magazines, the larger at the front for airborne targets (snow speeders, x-wings) and medium sized guided rockets in the rear compartment for various ground targets. The exact number of rockets it can carry is classified.

AT-VLRST%20Tatooine.jpg

• Like 4

Ewoks? What Ewoks?

All Terrain Vertical Launch Rocket System Transport - Endor.

AT-VLRST%20Endor%202.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Reconcilor said:

Good, but it would be powerless against a dozen or so ewoks armed with sticks and rocks. 🙄🙃🤓

Not in my version of Star Wars................. :wicked:

General Veers, heading a specialized vehicle development program, updated and improved the AT-AT concept, introducing several new AT-AT variants to take care of any Rebel activities on any planet in any terrain. The Vertical Launch Rocket System Transport was one of a dozen specialized AT-AT's put to the test, both on Endor and Tatooine to rid the Empire once and for all of pesky little problems that had plagued them in the past. :evil_laugh: 

• Like 1

And here's an AT-ST to go with the Tatooine dazzle cam'd AT-AT's.

0YiRLCt.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1
Fixed links. Updated graphic design elements.
  • Like 3

I was watching the AT-ACT attack Rogue One last night and got to thinking. These walkers are very tall- they are either out of range or you are looking way up at them. Any camouflage pattern would seem to make them even more visible against the sky. How about one where the main body/head and the upper legs were done in a low-viability light gray-blue and maybe the lower legs in something to mix in with the ground clutter...

just an idea...

• Like 3

I'm loving all these camo, dazzle & digital designs. Think the CAG bird idea has legs too!

I must say that the CAT AT-AT gets my vote at the moment. 

• Like 1