Star Wars AT-ST, AT-AT and AT-DP camouflage schemes

After seeing Andy's Bandai AT-ST in progress build, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978365-at-st-bandai-148/ and the eager awaiting of my own kit from HLJ, I decided to begin some rough artwork to explore some different schemes for this kit as I want to finish mine in something other than grey. So below are my random thoughts and ideas as they come to me. Nothing too detailed or precious, just pushing out ideas.

If you have any ideas of your own or want to see a particular camo scheme let me know.

vpG4Frk.jpg

RZAKj14.jpg

aMAnqG4.jpg

kdJaQWH.jpg

eQ8Vj25.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1
Fixed links. Updated graphic design elements.
  • Like 7

What about a snow scheme for Hoth (white/grey/black) or forest scheme for Endor (green/dark green/tan/black)? I think you've got Tatooine camo covered though!

If you buy two more you can cover all three!

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1

I like 2 and 5 -- as far as I'm concerned, looking a bit _different_ from camo that's been used on Earth is a good idea for a science fictional subject. These babies have to go into action on Arrakis, Pandora, and Trenco as well as in places that look suspiciously like Marin County...

bestest,

M.

• Like 3

These babies have to go into action on Arrakis, Pandora, and Trenco as well as in places that look suspiciously like Marin County...

bestest,

M.

Or Tunisia

Actually, how about a stealth one in bright green to blend in with the green screen

Andy

• Like 1

Try WW2 Italian Air Force desert camo,

Sand & smoke rings. (Sand with green rings)

It looks good on my scratchbuilt Falke.

I also converted an MPC AT-ST into a

Kreiger version & gave it a late WW2 Wehrmacht

paint scheme similar to the lower of the 5 above.

(BTW, I like the digital one too)

• Like 1

The beauty of this subject is that you are really limited only by your imagination.. I personally like the jungle green splinter finish best but, the thought of masking.................................!!!!! :weep: . I have two on order from HLJ. I'm going to do one in a pattern similar to British Army DPM and the other in a scheme similar to the multi tone German Army scheme used on the Leopard tank. I have an AT-RT & Speeder bike for which I have yet to decide on colours.

Allan

If that's the MPC speeder bike then study lots of pictures.

There was a build on youtube I think.

The back end doesn't fit together quite right.

Mine ended up multi tone grey.

Oh, And you have to mod the rider so he fits!

The best one I ever saw was red, as a dragster!

On 3/20/2015 at 5:26 AM, Rich G said:

What about a snow scheme for Hoth (white/grey/black) or forest scheme for Endor (green/dark green/tan/black)? I think you've got Tatooine camo covered though!

If you buy two more you can cover all three!

Rich

How's this?

wBsHDok.jpg

Lx6GWFL.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1
  • Like 7

On 3/20/2015 at 11:55 AM, Pete in Riyadh said:

Try WW2 Italian Air Force desert camo,

Sand & smoke rings. (Sand with green rings)

It looks good on my scratchbuilt Falke.

I also converted an MPC AT-ST into a

Kreiger version & gave it a late WW2 Wehrmacht

paint scheme similar to the lower of the 5 above.

(BTW, I like the digital one too)

SZc2GxA.jpg

Edited by Gekko_1
  • Like 2

Okay, I love them all, being an old science-fiction fan (that is, I'm old, and I'm also a fan of old science-fiction), but I think I like the winter scheme the best (being rather partial to actual aircraft winter schemes).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Just on a science-fiction art level (I do a bit of art myself), I like all these scheme. I think I need to do a model like these, but in the computer (I can't hold the model, but then again it doesn't break nor does it get dusty!).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

No.10 is my favorite so far.

tMv42Xx.jpg

3WB8lMs.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1
  • Like 4

How's this?

AT-ST%206.jpg

AT-ST%207.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Really nice, I like the jungle/forest camo a lot, that would be the one I go for.

Having said that all of the schemes you've shown look great, I like the idea of a non-standard camo scheme that fits a fictional universe like star wars, some of the more abstract camo schemes you've done would be a challenge to paint but would stand out once done!

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1

Really like the snow scheme. Might have to try that on a future AT-ST build

This one may be getting into Dust territory but that stuff was inspired by Star Wars in the first place so I guess it works on some level

16254630904_cd24fa2843_b.jpg

Andy

• Like 3

More testing................

dpv0yqK.jpg

O9G8SaZ.jpg

NTrJjEt.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1

I found this picture a while ago and I have a great need to try and recreate it...

Star-Wars-AT-ST.jpg

I love the MG on the roof, the extra sensors, the winch and the kill markings :) I was thinking maybe some chain anti-missile defences hanging off the back like an Israeli Merkava perhaps to protect the moving bits, maybe a bit of mesh on a frame over the machinery at the back. Throw a bit of stowage on and see what it looks like :)

• Like 4

I found this picture a while ago and I have a great need to try and recreate it...

I love the MG on the roof, the extra sensors, the winch and the kill markings :) I was thinking maybe some chain anti-missile defences hanging off the back like an Israeli Merkava perhaps to protect the moving bits, maybe a bit of mesh on a frame over the machinery at the back. Throw a bit of stowage on and see what it looks like :)

I like it! What an inspiring painting. Does anybody make 48th scale Stormtroopers?

I've been trawling the net for the last few days looking :P No success yet, I figure the gun is easy enough, the films had Lewis guns and German MGs with a few bits stuck on, but the trooper is a nuisance :)

Plenty in 1/72 and 1/32, but 1/48 not so much :P

Edit- Right, after a different direction I may have found some, a table top game called 'Imperial Assault' uses about 35mm figures which might just pass for the right scale. Might be a little short for a Stormtrooper but close enough :D

Edited by Misrule
  • Like 1