HT's Heller Mirage F-1 CR 1/72 FINIS

Gee, I am impressed! It is not every day that one meets someone who builds everything in threes!!!! I have enough difficulty building single items...

Anyway the Mirage F1 is a winner, irrespective of the number you build!!!

Have a great time with your F1s!

JR

Its Easier JR, especially when it comes to painting an the gun is loaded.

I agree. I tend to build in batches as well and I find that two or three of the same subject only take marginally longer than a single item.

I agree. I tend to build in batches as well and I find that two or three of the same subject only take marginally longer than a single item.

Hi Hardtarget and Enzo,

I agree if it is the very same kit, but I have been way-led in building two same aircraft from different kit makers, and there it failed dismally... Plus I don't have an airbrush (yet...) so the gun loading is a moot point! All I have is a shotgun. Could be fun...

JR

Plus I don't have an airbrush (yet...) so the gun loading is a moot point! All I have is a shotgun. Could be fun...

I've seen a B-17 model with battle damaged parts represented by shooting them with an air rifle!

I've seen a B-17 model with battle damaged parts represented by shooting them with an air rifle!

Some people have too much time on their hands!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing I saw was the Easter egg.... Shame on me!

Whatever schemes, it will be interesting to watch.

Have fun!

JR

• 3 weeks later...

Right ho, better upload some progress as there has been lots....

Cockpits of the hasegawa and heller airbrushed coal black hu85. pic looks too dark due to the flash.

DSC_0018.jpg

Haseg internals also painted

DSC_0019.jpg

The Heller kits has a very interesting assembly which starts at the main rear fuselage. I presume this is to enable the various versions. Topside view showing the gab for the fin insert.

DSC_0020.jpg

Underside

DSC_0021.jpg

Wings and fin prepped.

DSC_0022.jpg

Wings and tail dragger fins affixed. Not much of a gap at the wing roots tbh.

DSC_0023.jpg

Fin cemented, little gaps which disappeared with the seal of glue.

DSC_0024.jpg

Painted cockpit of the hasegawa kit.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Intakes added to the heller kit.

DSC_0027.jpg

Side by side. I don't have a finished pic of the heller kit but painted similar.

DSC_0028.jpg

I re-scribed the elevators on the hase kit along with the top of the wing.

DSC_0029.jpg

Canopies added to both kits.

DSC_0030.jpg

Now they are prepped for painting.

Ill try to keep updates more regular in future :) Oh and I may have to drop the airfix f.1 due to the Phantom gb and the fact ive not started the P-38 yet which we all know is going to be a pig of a kit. hey ho.....

Good looking F1s , will they both be in French colours?

Keep it up!

JR

It depends what scheme you have in mind. One had light beige and very dark brown, while the other had a lighter, more subdued dark brown. There may even have been a third scheme with 3 beige and browns... I may stand to be corrected. But the French have really tried to muddle the modelling community with their F1s.

I can have a look and come back to you re paints.

Cheers

JR

Hi Jean, the sheet calls for Sable Jaune Clair Y3251 (dark) et Sable Jaune Clair Y3251 (light) fs 30277 & 30372 over gris bleu clair.

Hi Hardtarget,

you could try the following:

FS 30277 (jaune clair dark) Humbrol 84 + 5% white

FS 30272 (jaune clair light): H84 + 15% white

FS 36270 (gris bleu clair): H126

Play with the percentage of white if you must, until you are happy.

Hope this helps

JR

• 3 weeks later...

So best post an update, too busy building and all that.

Anyhow, firstly I lost one of the heller wheels, so a formite came to the rescue, they weren't heller but they were the right wheels.

Right on with the progress. As seen I was in discussion with Jean re colours of the desert camo used in desert storm. and where are the results after a couple of coats. The ac was airbrushed the lighter colour then free handed the brown.

DSC_0040.jpg

The Hase got her coat of hu145. Its amazing how over the years a tin of paint changes colour. I have three tins, the humbrol color, humbrom enamel and the latest issue. All different, so I went with the humbrol enamel as the closest match.

DSC_0041.jpg

Desert bird on her wheels. this was pre new wheels arriving.

DSC_0042.jpg

Undersides next

DSC_0043.jpg

together after a couple of coats of humbrol clear.

DSC_0044.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...