Vickers Supermarine Seafire Mk XVII (Airfix 1/48)

Hello guys long time

I just completed my last work, so its warm from the bench.

A good kit with fitting and detail, the only issue i had was the decals, even though i apply gloss varnish to a mirror finish and used amounts of micro set and solv, i still got a couple of decals with a lot of silvering

Anyways i present you my representation of the flying wonder, critique is highly apprettiaced.

Cheers

DSC_7737.jpg
DSC_7738.jpg
DSC_7739.jpg
DSC_7736.jpg
DSC_7735.jpg
DSC_7733.jpg
DSC_7734.jpg
DSC_7740.jpg
DSC_7741.jpg
DSC_7749.jpg
DSC_7750.jpg
DSC_7747.jpg
DSC_7745.jpg
DSC_7743.jpg
DSC_7743_01.jpg
DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_7731.jpg
DSC_7720.jpg
DSC_7721.jpg
DSC_7722.jpg
DSC_7719.jpg
DSC_7718.jpg
_DSC7705.jpg
_DSC7707.jpg
DSC_7723.jpg
DSC_7724.jpg
DSC_7729.jpg
DSC_7730.jpg

DSC_7728.jpg
DSC_7727.jpg
DSC_7725.jpg
DSC_7726.jpg
_DSC7701.jpg

• Like 22

That's very nice. Lovely paint finish. The weathering looks excellent. You've also taken some nice detail photos. I can see you've taken a lot of trouble to get things just right. Well done.

Very nice. Some lovely attention to detail. Your camera white balance seems to be off though as the overall colour caste is a bit green.

Lovely build. My only critique regards the flaps- Should they be dropped like that? I am not sure if it is different for RN, but I know RAF Spits did not have the flaps dropped on the ground unless maintenance was being done on them.

Impressive modelling – she is a work of art, plain and simple! :thumbsup:

Since you also asked for nitpicks, here are two:

You chose to show the flaps lowered (in itself a very rare occurrence on a parked plane – they were basically deployed only during the actual landing phase and then retracted), but then you also need to show the flap actuators protrude through the top surface of the wing.

Photos of this feature are hard to find (because the flaps were seldom down when the plane was parked…) but the covering 'lid' is shown here: http://spitfiresite.com/2011/07/guided-tour-of-the-spitfire-pr-mk-xix-the-bowser-wing.html/dsc06741and this video of a radio controlled model (!) gives a good idea of the function: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw4haTHJQYs

Also, if you check photos, you'll see that the cockpit hatch does not hang down flat against the fuselage side but stands proud of it at a rather shallow angle.

I did say 'nit picks', didn't I? ;-)

All in all, magnificent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Great job. I know a lot of people point out deployed flaps on models of parked Spitfires & they are technically correct but, unless the model is going to be entered in competitions I don't think it really matters & for me adds interest to the subject - especially on what is otherwise quite a plain subject like this as opposed to a modern jet, dripping with ordnance & tanks etc. I dropped them on my recent PRXIX.

My biggest criticism is you need to build many more!!!!!

Beautiful aircraft - beautiful, colorful scheme. Beautiful build!

Keep up the great work.

Jim - The Spitfire-oholic.

Guys, you have been wayyyyy to generous, but as they say, if it's for free gimme 2.

Spit 31, thanks a lot for your insight in regards the intricacies of the bird, they.are well taken and highly valuable.

Again people many thanks