Like a Hurricane - Heller 1/72nd Ouragan E.C.2/2 Dijon

Wez

Using SNCASO (stands for Société Nationale de Construction Aéronautique du Sud-Ouest, kind of trust including Bloch and Blériot, among others) instead of SNASCO (stand for... I don't know!), you should have more luck in your search.

:doh: I have been foolish and deluded!

Must try harder, thanks Antoine.

Hi Wez
Are these any good to you ref the seat.

83f5b3d8-411b-45de-b22c-f077cbc4bd6a_zps

1b5c2695-bd9e-4418-b384-204661a13aad_zps

46c0de7b-5236-40f8-947f-28366a0eeb54_zps

This is a seat from a Mistral nearly the same they seam to look alike.

74f54e9c-64fe-41d0-a5be-559c5eeffbe8_zps

Paul

Edited by PaulT 876
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

The end of course assignments are in and now I have 4 months to get some modelling in and it starts all over again...

...so tonight I was 16 again, listening to Blondie and Joy Division on the stereo and fettling some plastic from Heller!

Yes I've started! Not much progress this evening but alt least I'm underway.

Here's a picture of tonight's effort.

Heller%20Ouragan%2028_05.jpg

Of course, when I was 16 I was successfully getting paint and glue all over my Mum's kitchen table... ...at least I'm not doing that any more :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

20150713_221431%20800x450.jpg

This thread should really be called the “More progress in 4 hours than 4 months” thread.

I’ve decided to concentrate on the Ouragan, the Mystere will have to wait. The cockpit will be going in tonight and the fuselage will be joined together, I’ll get the wings on tomorrow morning and then I’ll get the other bits on and get it painted tomorrow evening – no pressure!

The only “real” modelling I’ve done is to cut the nose gear doors in half as my subject aircraft had four-piece doors.

Courage mon brave!

• Like 1

Hi Wez,

this Ouragan is looking mighty fine! Not sure you will have finished it by now (you've got until midnight, don't forget!!!) but what matters is to have fun. I am carrying on with my Mirage III when I can steal a few moments and have given up altogether posting progress photos. Glaciers move much, much faster! But I am having fun!

Have you decided on the final paint scheme yet?

Cheers

JR

Hi Wez,

this Ouragan is looking mighty fine! Not sure you will have finished it by now (you've got until midnight, don't forget!!!) but what matters is to have fun. I am carrying on with my Mirage III when I can steal a few moments and have given up altogether posting progress photos. Glaciers move much, much faster! But I am having fun!

Have you decided on the final paint scheme yet?

Cheers

JR

Hi Jean,

I'm not confident I'll get it finished in time either although I'm going to have a good go! As for colour scheme I've just been looking at an Honduran one if I don't get it done in time - at the moment I'm still pushing for the E.C.2/2 scheme.

Just taking a little break because my back is in knots atm.

Wez

Well I'm going to have to admit to an epic fail, I'm still waiting for some glue to dry before I can paint the beast and I've got a massive step at the wing root to sort out so i won't get this finished tonight. I'll carry on and get it finished for the weekend however, it can't take part in the poll.

Here's where I am now

20150714_220113%20800x450.jpg

20150714_220059%20800x450.jpg

I'd have to admit to a bit of a cock up, having read that aircraft after a certain serial number have four-piece nose wheel doors I've now found a photo of my subject aircraft and it has the two piece doors as provided in the kit :banghead:

I'll have a dig through the spares box tomorrow night to see if I can source a replacement.

Above all though, I'm really enjoying this build and I definitely have got my modelling mojo back! I'll admit that the timing of the GB didn't suit me because of the clash with my studies rapidly followed by a long family holiday (that's not meant as a criticism of the management BTW), left me with a bit of an uphill struggle to finish in time but that's my fault not anybody else's.

I wonder what I'll follow this up with? An Airfix 1/48th scale Hurricane (that's providing the Beaufighter doesn't come out soon).

Good luck to those of you hoping to finish tonight.

Edited by Wez