MIG Filters / washes Advice Needed

Tarheellaw

How do you all use MIG filters and washes? In the case of filters, dOyou ever so lightly brush or the tank or just lightly apply to certain areas? Secondly, do you coat the model in semigloss sealer before applying or do you use floor Polish because it has less surface tension? I'll say this the sealer isn't working for me. Washes, for example, do not run on crevices very well and blotches up a bit in contact points. Thank you in advance!!!

I don't use Mig washes anymore as I find them very unpredictable, I find the AK ones to be much better to work with but in all cases washes will flow better over a gloss coat. If you're using Future (or any other gloss coat) it should give you a good base for washes.

For filters I prefer either a satin or matt coat as it gives something for the filter to grab on to. You can use a filter or colour wash over the whole surface which works well on camo finishes (like a German 3-tone) as it tones down the contrast between the colours or you can apply it to different panels which works well on single colour finishes (like 4BO or olive drab) which will help to break up the surface

Andy

• Like 1