Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:03 AM, Julien said:

Im not actually sure anyone from Hannants is reading this. John Freeman who does/did? they decals has not been on the site or over a year?

Hi Julien.

Had to come away from the site due to certain individuals who couldn't keep their council, did my head in!

I'll regularly check up on this forum for new content questions and relay them back to Hannants.

As I'm not on Hannants books per say I cannot have final say on certain things but I'll endeavour to help if I can.

Jon

PS If Troy can get in touch with me I need to clear a matter up with him also.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I note that two sheets of F-5E decals are listed as future releases, but not a single Alconbury-based aircraft amongst them. Surely that means a third sheet solely devoted to the 527th AS is due? That's a hint, by the way!

I’ll pass this message onto Hannants to see if it’s a viable project.

thanks

Jon

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jon Freeman said:

I’ll pass this message onto Hannants to see if it’s a viable project.

thanks

Jon

I'm extremely grateful. Some time ago, Two Bobs promised they would do their three Alconbury Gomers sheets in 1/72, but nothing came of it. There's a good many colour schemes that the 527th used and nothing vaguely accurate in terms of available markings. The 527th's "bort" numbers are a unique size, IIRC.

Anyway, it would fit in with the previous Xtradecal USAFE releases, all of which I have.

Cheers,

Mark.

hI   ALL ,

comin' across from Vehicle Modellin'.

There are times when I need 0.25 mm White Lettering Capitals on Black ( so I can see them to cut out and apply ! )

🚌  🔍😟🥃

✂️

cheery "stay safe, Model 'n' sip Whisky " mumbas !

Geoff

This may have come up already but how about some generic Slate Grey codes & serials for Coastal Command aircraft, as per the old Modeldecal 111, 112 & 113 (I think that’s the correct ones)? 
Similarly is there any mileage in something similar but in yellow for WWII ASR aircraft (Lysander, Hudson, Defiant, Spitfire etc)?

Edge

• Like 1

Well excellent if this thread is back alive, I’ll mention again my hankering for 11 Squadron to get the “History of xx squadron” treatment. 11 ought to qualify because:

• arguably first “fighter” squadron as unlike earlier squadrons didn’t start out purely as recce
  • very nearly continuous history from WW1 to present day
  • always equipped with British (or British in partnership) aircraft rather than US imports, and almost every major british-built fighter type since the hurricane 
  • almost every type it flew is reasonably available as a kit

On 9/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, rudi said:

I see that Hannants have the Xtradecal X72185 sheet – UK Harrier Retirement schemes in stock. 

Are there any plans to produce these in 1/48 scale too...seeing that the Airframe sheet seems quite hard to come by...?

Well, if this thread is still going strong then i'd really like the UK Harrier Retirement schemes in 1/48 to accompany the 1/72 set Hannants have already done...

I second a return to the Squadron series of decals. It would be interesting to hear what Xtradecals sell most, a decal sheet with multiples of the same subject or those ‘themed’ sheets with one of two options for multiple aircraft subjects. 

If we are going down the Squadron suggestion theme again, can I ask for No.45 Sqn. RAF... thats after @wombat gets his 11 Sqn ones I suppose. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

I'd like to see more of national markings for

1, African nations, from Egypt to Morocco and down to South Africa itself

2. South East Asian countries, Burma/Myanmar, Indonesia, Siam/Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and the others

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What about a set of 1/72 Red Arrows markings focussing on the older schemes?

I'd quite like to build a Hawk in the 80s/90s style markings where the 'Royal Air Force' text was in small letters within the white stripe rather than more recent schemes where it's in much larger letters breaking the stripe. I've always thought the old style looked much better but it's never offered as an option in Red Arrows boxings of Hawks by any kit manufacturer.  

Another from me:

MiG 21 Lancer markings and stencils.

There are resin conversion kits available to convert an Eduard MiG 21 MF into a Lancer but they're let down by the decals which are limited to just national markings and serial numbers.

• Like 2

Handley Page Victor 1:144, all Mks.

There seems to be plenty of sets in 1:72 covering most schemes, for Mk1 and Mk2 Victors, and there's not even a 1:72 Mk1 kit (just conversion sets). In 1:144 all there seems to be are a couple of sheets for gulf war K2s, but nothing at all to go with the mikromir Victor B1, or the GWH Victor B2. The GWH B2 is supposed to be a B2R but looks more like an SR2, so decals for that would be so good, especially since the Sqn markings for them are pretty much impossible to get unless you print them yourself and it's quite a complicated little design to make yourself. And to be honest, the kit decals that come with it are rubbish and could do with replacing.

Mikromir's ones aren't great but are at least right for the plastic. All that needs is better quality decals and more variety since they only cover three airframes, all in camo. I have a second one to build, and I'm looking at finding a white one with no Sqn markings or ones simple enough that I could do them myself

There's already an Xtradecal sheet in 1:72 that covers camouflaged victors of all Mks,  just need to downsize and add decals for white ones and gulf war era K2s and it's perfect

Edited by Adam Poultney

• 2 weeks later...