Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

Since the S&M Canberra family is available but the Model Alliance 1/72 sheets for British Canberras are very hard to find (especially the bomber canopy versions), how about a set of 1950s-60s fishbowl Canberra schemes? Some silver 1950s (including Suez) schemes would be ideal A stencil set in black for High Speed Silver aircraft would be useful too!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RAF typhoon FGR4’s in service markings and stencil data in 1/48 and 1/72. It’s impossible to find either and it would be nice to have the option to make a grey typhoon instead of Tigermeet markings 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

I would love to see a F8F Bearcat decal sheet in 1/72 with a number of USN and USN Reserve options fo the F8F-1, F8F-1B and F8F-2. 

Starfighter did at least one: 72-115: F8F Bearcats Part 1 - F8F-1.  I bought mine in 2010 but you may find one on the 2nd hand market.

On 19/01/2022 at 09:22, Seahawk said:

Starfighter did at least one: 72-115: F8F Bearcats Part 1 - F8F-1.  I bought mine in 2010 but you may find one on the 2nd hand market.

So far I was unsuccessful to get hold of one. But mabye I should give it another try so I have updated my advertisement in the Wanted section now.

Edited by 112 Squadron

• 1 year later...

1/72 Hawker Hunter Blue Diamond decals - AFAIK the only source for a set is a 1980s Matchbox Hunter where by all accounts the decals weren't brilliant even before 35 years of deterioration.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:55 AM, -Ian- said:

1/72 Hawker Hunter Blue Diamond decals - AFAIK the only source for a set is a 1980s Matchbox Hunter where by all accounts the decals weren't brilliant even before 35 years of deterioration.

I’ll agree, however you may be surprised how good some of Matchbox decals still are. I’ll admit I had two sheets when doing this kit and their roundels weren’t used so overall I was probably pretty lucky in the end. I’m sure a dedicated RAF Aerobatic teams sheet would prove popular, no need for Red Arrows, they’ve been done plenty of times over. 
Cheers.. Dave 

25043914757_dc1eaf0f23_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

A much neglected subject. The Mosquito's  and Lancaster's of No.8 Group Pathfinder Force 1/72.  Two Victoria Cross  were awarded at Little Staughton. Squadron Leader Robert Palmer of 109 Squadron and Edwin Swales of 582 Squadron. Also Ian Bazalgette  of 635 Squadron at Downham Market.

The Lancaster sheet could incorporate  7,35,156,582,635 Squadron's. Mosquito represented by 105,109,128,142,162,163,571,608,692 Squadrons.

• 2 months later...

'European One' Camouflage scheme options for the C5B Galaxy in 144th scale.

Looks like the Caracal ones were the only option and they sold out some time ago. If ever considering, please include the 'vertical lines' that normally hide

beneath the leading edge slats, as I don't think anyone's ever covered these and they're fairly obvious when the slat are deployed (as in the Roden kit).

Nimrod MR2 Grey schemes 72nd scale. Model alliance did replacement stencils, but no numbers and serials for them at all.

A few nice preserved ones around the country, but no decals to replicate them (Man Airport, Kinloss, E. Midlands, etc).

• Like 1

Less military. There must be hundreds for Spitfires, 109,190,P-51 and so  on even modern jets. How about a range of generic sets of lettering  and numbers of in fonts suitable for civilians types. Particularly British And civilian schemes of ex military aircraft  Beavers, more DH89A for thev72nd kits. Tiger Moths for all those nice Tiger Moth kits in 72, 48th and 32nd scales. Lots of interesting schemes out there .

What's more, if its for Xtradecal  they need to up their game with the decal placement inserts and get the info right and more accurate. A little proof reading and close scrutiny to the illustrations wouldn't  go amiss.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

if its for Xtradecal  they need to up their game with the decal placement inserts and get the info right and more accurate. A little proof reading and close scrutiny to the illustrations wouldn't  go amiss.

I sent them extensive additions, corrections and notes for 4 forthcoming Hurricane sheets, plus several phone calls,  I got the email of one the bosses.

I got told it was 'my opinion' on one phone call,  no, I attached photos showing that the decal or instructions are wrong or incomplete, which is  not 'an opinion' but data. 

Problem is they get @Jon Freeman to do them who no longer visits forums because of the all the negativity....  ie people saying what mistakes he's made... and he gets all up upset :crying:

On 06/12/2022 at 18:14, Jon Freeman said:

Well I'm so so so so so sorry that this issue has caused so much alarm and distress to so many people, may god strike me down for my sins.

This issue is now resolved, everyone can move on with the lockdown-esque trauma as the decal sheet will look like what Troy has outlined.

Such a shame for some of you that this sheet has not been sent to print yet so the ball you saw slowly trickling over the line and into the net was kicked away at the last millisecond. :(

Ah well there's probably an Airfix kit coming soon that needs pulling to bits in the tried and tested British modeller way.

No wonder I don't frequent these websites. Unreal!

Oh and BTW I didn't copy any profile as my original art was drawn over 15yrs ago.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235118534-hurricane-l2047-more-accurate-research-from-xtradecal-sigh/#elControls_4559740_menu

And, if you read the linked thread,  no corrections were done either after all this...  

Imagine wanting things to be done properly, such a bloody shame and now I whenever I used a XD sheet I think “what have they ballsed up with this scheme” and I don’t think I purchased one since you’ve highlighted the issue though one is one my shopping list though that’s a recent subject with plenty of photos so *should* be accurate 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 10:56 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Imagine wanting things to be done properly, such a bloody shame and now I whenever I used a XD sheet I think “what have they ballsed up with this scheme” and I don’t think I purchased one since you’ve highlighted the issue though one is one my shopping list though that’s a recent subject with plenty of photos so *should* be accurate 

I get how your feeling.

I have a 1/72 set of Harrier decals that include decals for ZD322 in 90th Anniversary markings, its all good until I looked at the registration decals, there in about 1/48th scale and look very off!

53181592725_da03c10609_c.jpg

hey Maverick231 ,

has'nt it occured to you: that the "SPECIAL "  Com Scheme for the

HARRIER might have a "One Orff " Special Livery and that includes the Serial Numbers

bein larger than normal so People like you can see it from a distance when on display.

cheery " modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...