Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

Not wanting to sound ‘smart’ however have any of this threads previous suggestions actually made it to the decal printers? Not sure if the OP member has any link to a physical decal manufacturer or is this just another one of those Wishlist threads. Just curious as a number of suggestions are quite good and it would be nice to see them actually make it to market. 

Cheers.. Dave 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Not wanting to sound ‘smart’ however have any of this threads previous suggestions actually made it to the decal printers? Not sure if the OP member has any link to a physical decal manufacturer or is this just another one of those Wishlist threads. Just curious as a number of suggestions are quite good and it would be nice to see them actually make it to market. 

Cheers.. Dave 

The effectiveness of this thread, and what distinguished it from a mere wishlist, lay in the fact that David Hannant himself scanned it from time to time.  You will see from post 151 that he expressed interest in my suggestion for East Indies Fleet markings.  I responded with a detailed proposal but never heard back from David: I imagine that by then he had things of rather greater importance on his mind (of which we knew nothing at the time).  I am not sure any of his heirs and successors at Hannants are members of BM so yes, the thread may now just be another wishlist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

North wales fighters and trainers based at Penrhos and Llandwrog. Ansons, hurricanes, Whitleys, Harvards, Wellingtons and Lysanders.   All used for defence, gunnery training and pilot training. 

Cheers. 

DSJ 

ps: does anyone know of any decal sheets that do cover these items? 

Building a few 1/144 Tornados at the moment using a Gulf War sheet from Hannants. As Revell only have the German Marked version in production at the moment, some decals for RAF Green/Grey would be nice, and maybe a set for the  prototype.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, vandy1 said:

North wales fighters and trainers based at Penrhos and Llandwrog. Ansons, hurricanes, Whitleys, Harvards, Wellingtons and Lysanders.   All used for defence, gunnery training and pilot training. 

Cheers. 

DSJ 

ps: does anyone know of any decal sheets that do cover these items? 

Think you might get a better response posting this in the WW2 Aircraft section.  

PS: From me the answer is no.

A suggestion that may already be on the "to do list", the three retirement scheme Tornado GR Mk.4s and if there is enough room on the sheet the serials and tail codes for the aircraft still in service when the type is finally retired ?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

How about another set of EE/BAC Lightning stencils - but have three sets for all silver aircraft! The current transfer sets have options for Silver/Camo, Dark Green, or Grey. Now, I know I prefer to have Silver Lightnings in my collection, and would rather buy one set for three models, rather than three sets for three models and six others not used.

I am aware that this does nothing for Hannants' sales, but I can hope!

It is just a thought,

Ray

• Like 1

How about a set of markings for the up coming ITALERI (esci re issue) F-27 in military markings e.g. Finland, Thailand, Spain. The RNLAF had a couple of solo display schemes too. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, wombat said:

Unless anyone knows better there doesn’t seem to be a set for overseas Jaguars - Oman, India, Nigeria, Ecuador. 

There was a Model Alliance sheet that covered these in 1/72 & 1/48.  It might come up second hand.  I can’t recall if anyone acquired the rights to the series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I see that Hannants have the Xtradecal X72185 sheet – UK Harrier Retirement schemes in stock. 

Are there any plans to produce these in 1/48 scale too...seeing that the Airframe sheet seems quite hard to come by...?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A Tornado GR4 sheet would be good with Squadron line jets for last few years of service, all the more recent releases have been special schemes. I would, however, like to see the XV Squadrons ‘MacRoberts Reply’ , ZD741 F-LS which could probably be classed as a special scheme but was about for a good few years.