Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

• 2 weeks later...

I'd appreciate some decal options for the 1:48 B-1B. It appears that at this time, options other than those presented in the current Revell edition are in short supply unless you want to pay grossly inflated prices on eBay.

I'd appreciate some decal options for the 1:48 B-1B. It appears that at this time, options other than those presented in the current Revell edition are in short supply unless you want to pay grossly inflated prices on eBay.

Your prayers are answered.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=285836

• Like 1

I would appreciate decals for the following subjects.

Air America aircraft and helicopters in 1:72 would be awesome. Thanks for the C-54 recently. I'm not sure if any others have been printed before.

95 sqn Short Sunderland's or Sunderlands of West Africa including 95 sqn preferably Sunderland Mk5 WW2 in 1:72

Lakenheath F-15E's 1991 - 2015 in 1:48

Many thanks..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

How about some more RAF subjects in 1/144?

The upcoming Typhoon/Tornado GR4 sheet is very welcome but how about a re-release of X44004 for Tornado GR1/GR4/F3?

Also, Academy's 1/144 Jaguar is still readily available. How about some DG/DSG camo Jags from the 70s/80s as well as more up to date ones?

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

I have mentioned this in another thread, but I would very much go for a sheet covering 1435 flight.sqn. A good range of 'planes from spitfires of various marks, to phantoms, tornado F3s to the latest typhoons. Plenty of historical interest and bright markings - particularly like the recent typhoon marks with fin badge, nose badge and fuselage bars! Just a thought!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love a 'History of 92 Squadron Sheet' - lots of interesting subjects there: Spitfires in TLS, DFS and Desert schemes flown by the likes of Geoffrey Wellum, Tich Havercroft and Stocky Edwards; then post-war Meteors, Sabres, blue Hunters, and Phantoms.

• Like 2

I'd love a 'History of 92 Squadron Sheet' - lots of interesting subjects there: Spitfires in TLS, DFS and Desert schemes flown by the likes of Geoffrey Wellum, Tich Havercroft and Stocky Edwards; then post-war Meteors, Sabres, blue Hunters, and Phantoms.

Second that, a lot. Yet I'm afraid that no-one at Hannants reads this topic.

There seems to be no one of those "history of" sets for 11 squadron - a significant squadron as arguably the oldest extant fighter squadron, 1-10 being originally reconnaissance outfits. (Though the sequence is broken by a spell on bombers in the 20s and 30s) It's also been equipped exclusively with British built aircraft (if you include tornado and typhoon, and forgive flirtation with nieuports alongside British types)) and so a collection of 11 sq planes is also a collection of British fighter history from gunbus to typhoon.

There are kits of lightning, tornado f3 and typhoon with 11 squadron options (airfix, hasegawa and revell respectively), but prior to that I believe it's a bust all the way back to the brisfit (airfix again).

There is one on the market for 12 squadron, which is to bombers what 11 is to fighters. Right this wrong!

• Like 2

Generic marking sets for the Sherman tank in British & Commonwealth, French, Polish, Czech & American service, in 1/72 scale.

Or markings for Cruiser and I tanks in the desert in 1/35.

• Like 1

How about South American Mirages - IIIs, 5s, F.1s & 2000s have all beem used by South American countries and with some very different colour schemes. And there are kits available for these in 72 & 48th scales I believe.

Or perhaps Malta based Aircraft in WW2: Spitfires, Hurricanes, Gladiators, Baltimore, Beaufighter, Blenheim, etc. not to mention the captured oddities that were based there.

Nigel, there is a set dedicated to Malta (some Spitfires, Hurricanes, Gladiators included).

I really like the "Tiger" squadron set. It's huge, with lots of options (for those who love ragwings, true aircraft (you now Spitfires :thumbsup: ) and "hair driers"). But next sets (Nos 41, 111, 1 etc) are not as interestng. Too few options IMHO.

So if you read this topic, please Hannants, go back to orignal Idea.

My suggestions are: (before mentioned) 92 squadron, 43, 72, 73, 17, 145, SAAF 1.

• 3 weeks later...

You know what guys? I've just noticed one interesting thing. Every time Airfix releases a new model Xtradecal we have a new set (unless such set has already existed before). Sorry I should say almost every time. So far we haven't got decal sets for A6M2 Zero or B5N Kate. What's the problem? In case of Zero we have plenty of nice models (with small gems from Tamiya) from Reisen 21b to Reisen 52 but almost no-one makes decals (there are few exceptions). IMHO this topic is as interesting as EE Llightning, Ju 87, Percival Provost or Wildcat or even RAF Jugs (BTW gotta buy one). Similar situation is with Nakajima Kate. We got the model but no decals.

As Mr David Hannant is here with us I hope he'll decide to release such sets. In my dreams I can see a few parts of A6M sets (one Reisen 21b, one Reisen 32 and 22 and one Reisen 52) and two of B5M. I only hope that this dreams become reality.

Cheers