Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

How about RAF Auxiliary squadron markings post WW2 - both camo and NMF? Plenty of scope there for many different types of aircraft.

John

• Like 1

Jon

First of all BIG thank you for Fighters over Africa... I hope there will be a few other parts. The topic is enormously hudge iand needs lots of sets.

Secondly, it would be great to see next part of Spitfire Mk.VIII and IX. Maybe photos I send you can be an inspiration;)

Thirdly, John's idea about AuxAF is great.

Can you also think about releasin a set with Western Desert Air Force/Desert Air Force emblem (a shield with an eagle in the triangle). I saw several photos of planes from Italy wearing this emblem.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Like to have a selection for AW101's. 1/72nd Kits are available & most versions only require little modifications.

Early test or current 'in use' please!

Dave

The third part of the Fighters over Africa and Mediterranean with options not included in parts 1 and 2 would be great, especially Mustangs.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Dominik

• Like 1

Thanks, Dominik, for starting this thread.

I would like to add my request for more Balkan Air Force coverage. It's noticable that some RAF Squadrons are represented again and again in markings, often as a result of one or two well-known photos/ profiles, while other Squadrons have been ignored completely.

Personally, I would like to see 253 Sqn's Spitfire VIIIs and IXs in 1/32, 1/48 & 1/72. To the best of my knowledge, no 253 Sqn Spitfire has ever been represented by decals in any scale: the (Heller) Hurricane night fighter was the last, I believe.

Kevin

Edited by KevinK

How about up to date sheets of 'arm of service' titles in black and white to replace the old Modeldecal ones and include the more modern ones too (Qinetic, DHFS etc)?

Edited by Vicarage Vee
  • Like 1

I'd certainly love to see a 112 Squadron sheet; the world is crying out for shark-mouthed Hunter decals.

Here, Here. The Right Honourable gentleman has made a great suggestion, would be good to see a History of 112 Sqdn type sheet with all those shark-mouthed types in one place.

The third part of the Fighters over Africa and Mediterranean with options not included in parts 1 and 2 would be great, especially Mustangs.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Dominik

Agreed, you can never have enough Commonwealth Mustangs!

How about up to date sheets of 'arm of service' titles in black and white to replace the old Modeldecal ones and include the more modern ones too (Qinetic, DHTS etc)?

I would certainly find that useful. Maybe could also add that RAF corporate style logo to it too.

Mark.

• Like 1

The "missing" pilot name plates for all the 1/72 BAC/EE Lightning sheets that have been done. Nice decals but no names included for any of the aircraft that carried them.

• 1 month later...

Fleet Air Arm Second Line Aircraft from 1939-60,.....there are some great schemes out there.

Failing that a sheet of yellow codes so that second line wartime aircraft can be more easily modelled,...........modellers have been crying out for a sheet like thi for years!

Red codes with white outlines would also be popular with Fleet Air Arm modellers.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Just one question to Hannants, although I don't expect the anwer (don't know why, just a feeling). Is there any chance for the third part of 'Fighters over Africa and the Med" in 48th scale with options from 72nd decals not included in Parts 1 and 2? Same with Spitfire sets in 48th with options not included in part 1 and 2 (which strangely gave only 4 options).

Oh, by the way. Don't use GR-U squadron code letters - the shape is incorrect, although I had pointed it out to Jon before the releasing the set. Unfortunately my suggestion was not listened to.