Decal sets suggestion open topic.

DominikS

Not just Model Alliance but also some Cutting Edge and Afterburner Decal subjects would be interesting (F-4 record breakers, U-2, SR-71, YF-12, ...).

Regarding Model Alliance I think Hannants bought all their stock. I do not know if I imagine things but I think they also bought the whole company remains includingthe artworks. As said - maybe I just imnagine tings...

Rene

I've got one on my wanted list - the final Nimrod R1 (XV249) scheme she wore as she retired to Cosford.

I've seen a couple of manufacturers promise to produce these but so far I've not seen anyone release a set.

Danny.

Oh yesss! A new sheet for the 1/72 North-American F-100D Super Sabre sheet X72116.
Where Hannants decided that black was correct instead of blue on Triple Zilch sashes.
Definitely looks like blue to me!
845369-f-100d-56-3000-triple-zilch.jpeg

I really wanted to use that sheet as some parts were better than those on the Italeri sheet.
Still haven't got round to applying the decals.

Apart from that I would really love to see this on a decal sheet...
9244586232_350a9c15f8_z.jpg

Lightningboy2000, on Flickr

9244607706_0db6c0640b_z.jpg

Lightningboy2000, on Flickr
Martin

Surely we're now due a Royal Air Force / Royal Navy update sheet?

The new Anniversary Typhoons, plus 41 and II Sqn's, the Royal Navy Merlins, plus any other Squadron changes.

I`d love to see;

-RAF Middle East and Italian campaign fighters, to go with the Mediterranean Twins sheets which I researched and suggested to Hannants.

-Second Line Fleet Air Arm 1940`s to 50`s- loads of great subjects!

-British aircraft in WW2 Fleet Air Arm service- Sea Hurri, Seafire, Skua etc,....using some of the less well known aircraft.

-SAAF WW2 Roundels and fin stripes.

-1950`s RAF- Spits, Tempest, Lancaster, Hornet, Dakota etc

-SEAC 1942-46- Hurricanes, Liberator, Dakota, Mosquito, Beaufighter, Vengeance, Spitfire, Mohawk etc,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

I`d love to see;

-RAF Middle East and Italian campaign fighters, to go with the Mediterranean Twins sheets which I researched and suggested to Hannants.

Huge fan of the Twins sheets here, I have both and they've certainly informed my buying choicers - I got a Wellington X, Maryland, Baltimore, and am now contemplating a RAF Marauder III build on account of them. Dangerous stuff!

527AS "Aggressor" F5Es from Alconbury. in 1/72.

The 51sqn Nimrod R1 with the big red goose.

12sqn standard line jet markings for the GR4.

• Like 1

I`d love to see;

-Second Line Fleet Air Arm 1940`s to 50`s- loads of great subjects!

-British aircraft in WW2 Fleet Air Arm service- Sea Hurri, Seafire, Skua etc,....using some of the less well known aircraft.

-SAAF WW2 Roundels and fin stripes.

-1950`s RAF- Spits, Tempest, Lancaster, Hornet, Dakota etc

-SEAC 1942-46- Hurricanes, Liberator, Dakota, Mosquito, Beaufighter, Vengeance, Spitfire, Mohawk etc,

Cheers

Tony

Wot he said - especially the Fleet Air Arm suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps even a sheet of various commemoratives, Hawks, Tornados & Typhoons. I reckon it'd be a goer, I'd sure buy it. I can think of 3 Typhoons I want to do, 6,11 & 29sqns.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 3

527AS "Aggressor" F5Es from Alconbury. in 1/72.

The 51sqn Nimrod R1 with the big red goose.

12sqn standard line jet markings for the GR4.

OR, just to ring the changes, go back a little further and markings for the original incarnation 527th TFTAS

and don't forget the other scales either!

Paul

As already mentioned, schemes from current and past airshow circuit warbirds.

As also already mentioned, some reprints of Model Alliance sheets, especially the UK Air Arm updates, and especially, especially the ones with the DHFS helicopters.

Is there a big enough market for sheets of purely nose art for various types? Codes etc can be scavenged from other sheets.

I'd like to see more in the way of RAF squadron codes in MSG. The old Modeldecal sheets are invaluable, but there are plenty of sizes and styles that still aren't covered. Some of the BoB era codes appear to be around 27"/28" or 33", or are squarer, narrower. I have had to mask and respray some modeldecal dull red codes before to get the right shape and that's something I'd rather not have to do again! So. Very. Fiddly!

Apart from the aircraft markings (shurely the Tiffy in James Brindley Nicolsons colours would be great) - how about solid sheets with different woodgrain, carbon, undoped fabric, rivets, placards, stencils, different walkways and such more generic things? I know - there are manufactures already doing these - but can one really have enough of those?

• Like 1