1/48 Westland Wyvern

I've finally finished this one after leaving it almost finished for the last half a year... got a bit burnt out with stripey winged aircraft. It's the last of a group of four 1956 HMS Eagle aircraft I've been working on for a while now. The Wyvern looks like it's in the wrong scale next to the Sea Venom and Sea Hawk though, it almost makes that lump of a Skyraider look dainty!

It's the Trumpeter kit... I thought it was ok, but a bit boring to make. The rivet detail isn't so bad under paint, but the rest of the detail is quite clunky and toy like in places. I much preferred their Sea Hawk.

I also used the CMK wingfolds and wheels- the kit really needs the detail these provide, and they fit great.

20150316_113949_zpsfauryx6l.jpg

20150316_113831_zpsuwo6wxw7.jpg

20150316_113752_zpsr3q7pb8m.jpg

The other aircraft are the Aeroclub Sea Venom, Trumpeter Sea Hawk, and a mix of Tamiya and ESCI Skyraider

20150316_114730_zpskockdoyj.jpg

20150316_115139_zpsq0dmpekt.jpg

20150316_114845_zpsaeneik6j.jpg

• Like 44

Beautiful addition to a brilliant collection! It's a pity that the FAA didn't do the Skyraider in the DSG over Sky finish - I think that would have looked a treat (or did they?)!

Regards,

Jason

Thats a lovely Wyvern which is joining a great collection of FAA Suez subjects and I love your avatar photo too,....great view of the Scimitar!

Cheers

Tony,

What a fantastic line up! For a single-engined prop aircraft, it's massive! I had no idea until when I saw them compared to the rest of the, rather superb, other aircraft in your collection.

That's a really cool Wyvern! Like you say, the wingfolds really add to the general impression of a detailed model, acting as an alibi for the rest.

Great finish – and who cannot love a plane with contra-rotating props?

Superb modelling.

Kind regards,

Joachim