Flying Su-34 1/144 trumpeter

This project arose while talking with a friend about the possibility of making a small plane would look like a real one (like on films) with the right weathering and photography.

And this is the result is this: a Su-34 trumpeter with huge panel lines that i hid with lights and shadows. I cut flaps and canards to leave them in flight position Painted with humbrol enamels.

Orlando.

4_zpse2eba6d5.jpg

2_zps32cfb2e1.jpg

1_zpsd3cd5ab7.jpg

10_zpse0bf18e6.jpg

5_zps7a6ef1b5.jpg

7_zpsa6c34c6d.jpg

8_zpsae0c90e2.jpg

6_zps8227763a.jpg

9_zps893fe82a.jpg

• Like 10

Superb...

• Like 1

thank you for your coments! i really appreciate that.

Awesome! How did you get the sky blue background and lose the shadows? I'm assuming you didn't go outside on a nice day and toss your model in the air...

Well, the trick is to use a real environment light (it is very difficult to falsify an environment) so what I did was go outside and take photographs using daylight. Thus I already had 80% of the work done. The rest was just erase my hand in Photoshop. In conclusion it is best to take the picture with the right environment from the beginning, so the work will keep its real essence.

prueba_zpsk2xaqu0h.jpg

Amazing shots! And build as well! May i ask what colors you used as i’m building italeri’s 72 scale version and i want it to look exactly like yours (only bigger, lol!).
Tipper

The orginal colours were trully diferent as you can si in the picture. Most of the final color was done through weathering. Anyway colors were: -----Dark blue: humbrol 109---- ---- Light blue: humbrol 89 + light grey & white (don't remember the % sorry :( ) ---- -----Lightest blue: humbrol 109 + a lot white ------

listo%20comparacion_zpslcjkuotn.jpg

Orlando.

Edited by orlando
  • Like 2

Great stuff, well executed. And thanks for the explanation!

I think we'll see a few others trying this before long. I am well capable of the Photoshop part, creating a 144th model with this level of detail however...

• Like 1

Amazing what weathering does to the paint job, the final product doesn’t even look like the original! The trench-y panel lines seem to have disappeared and the colors look so much better. Also ’magic’ photoshop-ing! Great work again and thanks for the color call out!

Tipper

• 1 month later...