Hobbyboss HSS-1 French Navy

stevej60

Hi all, bit of a non modeling day as I,m busy painting the shed! so a small bit of progress with the wheels painted and instrument panel fitted with a

spare decal applied.The cockpit glazing has had its top coat of blue applied and excess paint removed with the usual cocktail stick I have not fixed

it in place as I,m not sure if any of the upper sections were tinted sadly I can,t find a definitive picture of this area on a French machine.

SDC13141%20640x480_zpses5pmakl.jpgSDC13145%20640x480_zpswxhhfqg2.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Steve. Wondered where you'd disappeared to! That's looking excellent! Great progress! :thumbsup:

Hope you have a good weekend. Hope the shed painting is going well too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Steve. Wondered where you'd disappeared to! That's looking excellent! Great progress! :thumbsup:

Hope you have a good weekend. Hope the shed painting is going well too!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank,s Stix,nothing planned till the BoB GB starts so turning all gallic here with a few builds and what an excellent GB it,s turned into with some

superb subject,s

• Like 1

Hi all, just a quick update,rotors painted decals to add to their tips still.The tail rotor I am painting in full with their black/white/red colours as I know

the small decals wont work! I may end up giving the same treatment to the main one too.

SDC13147%20640x465_zpsgb4byc8d.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Steve,

I have had a quick trawl of the net and from what I can tell the glazings on the HSS-1 are not tinted.

Check out the bottom right picture on this page; http://celag.free.fr/museum/h34/h34_2.htm

Hope that this is helpful.

Craig.

Great stuff Craig,that looks like my answer! and no the shed is going RAF trainer black!

• Like 1

Nice, quick work on this kit, Steve!

I'd like to ask for your advice (as I'm also building a helo for this GB), what's the best way to bend rotor blades to get the characteristic droop? I'm guessing using force alone has a high chance of breaking them, and the other trick is trying to get them all to droop the same, if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

I'd like to ask for your advice (as I'm also building a helo for this GB), what's the best way to bend rotor blades to get the characteristic droop? I'm guessing using force alone has a high chance of breaking them, and the other trick is trying to get them all to droop the same, if you know what I mean.

Hi Eric,luckily the blades on this kit were molded with the "droop" but in the past I,ve found that pre the painting stage if you drop them in warm water and

gently bend them they don,t snap,once you are happy with how they look drop them in cold water,be careful of which Helicopter you are modelling some

types don,t have a droop!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1