All Quiet on the Martian Front - ULLA!

Will Vale

Thanks Chris, sorry for the slow reply! I still haven't taken proper pictures of these as I've been working on Gerty, but I did spend a bit of time this evening (loooking for something I could do in company) cleaning up some of the metal infantry:

16430442764_03fecfa889_b.jpg

They're quite characterful little models, not the cleanest casts but not bad. It remains to be seen how they look under primer though.

The other models are a bit cleaner - these are the rough riders (on Harleys, with grapple guns for tying up Tripods!) and an MG team - I have three stands of each as well as the six stands (30 figures) of infantry.

16866662549_33a6e6c7a4_b.jpg

I shall be working on these on the back-burner - Gerty is supposed to be the main focus now.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, it's all rather on-hold at the moment as we're moving house in 6 days (eek!) and all my spare time is either packing or DIY-related at the moment. In fact I need to pack up my tools and models shortly in order to move them.

Normal service will resume eventually!

Will

Thanks mate! Got the last coat of semi-gloss on the skirtings and bookcases today, just in time for the floor guys to come in and do their bit.

Next step: Not electrocuting myself when installing lights. Woo!!!

• 1 month later...

I finally photographed the models today - supposedly this might be just in time for the GB deadline? I haven't actually done any more modelling on them so they were done in the time. Anyway, here they are:

19261851885_90fafab4e5_b.jpg

Will

• Like 5

Thanks! And no, not yet. Had a long run of real life, although I have managed to start fiddling with a couple of things - that always seems easier than returning to something underway.

I suspect that says something unflattering about my psyche...

Will

Cool picture Will. Can you post some colour ones too? :D

So, how does that work if you didn't get it into the Gallery in time but it was finished - is it still eligible for voting?

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Can you post some colour ones too?

There are a couple of the individual models earlier in the thread, I didn't get a good colour composite though. I need to take some final pictures of the tripod since I think I have either the top or bottom so far :)

Will

• 1 month later...

Thanks Nigel!

Si, I finally took some "studio" shots (well, piece of paper shots) of the models, which have picked up a bit of dust but otherwise I'm still quite pleased with:

20481216608_6e0284ea78_b.jpg

(click for bigger)

20669227155_dde6214672_b.jpg

And the tripod:

20642951706_fb25f6ab03_b.jpg

20660002512_c57b6040e8_b.jpg

Sorry this has taken so long, I've been holed up in the living room painting figures in the evenings rather than doing modelling per se.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 4

Erm... nowt :(

I put them away before we moved house and I've been painting 28mm stuff since I got through the DIY backlog. I should dig them out and see what I can do with them.

Will

Yes, yes you should.

Have you posted any of the 28mm stuff? I have painted a few even though I prefer 20mm to fit with my 72nd stuff but there is just so much neat stuff in the larger scale (especially female figs).

I have only painted 3 up so far and am still trying to learn more tricks before I get too far into the large collection of figures I have acquired (sounds a bit better than bought).

• Like 1

Lol!! I have GOT to get me some of these!! These machines look like the very same ones featured on a History Channel Drama documentary - "The Great Martian War 1915-1917". Well worth a look. Personally, I think the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds was an utter abomination but, the tripods were nice. The scene in the 1953 version where the Martian War machines first rise out of the pit and glide silently towards the waiting soldiers is one of my favourite movie moments. They really were sinister and creepy!

Allan

ps - VERY nice job. I particularly like the eye on the Tripods.

• Like 1

Have you posted any of the 28mm stuff? I have painted a few even though I prefer 20mm to fit with my 72nd stuff but there is just so much neat stuff in the larger scale (especially female figs).

Yes, but in the nega-zone of one of the Figures subforums where only a few dare to tread. It's here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234985993-age-of-sigmar-battle-angel-done/

Some recent completions:

19919594270_802f10d226_b.jpg

20226526230_90438e49f6_b.jpg

20399516199_b4a2e3d266_b.jpg

I know what you mean about the acquisitions - it's so easy, and they stack up so fast. I'm on a Facebook group called The Hoarder whose tagline is "Turn your hoard into a horde" which has been quite good for motivation :)

Cheers,

Will