Ripley

Carts

Evening all

This will hopefully be my contribution to this group build,its a far east re-pop of the excellent Geometric Ripley figure.

ripley%20conversion1_zpsy41rvo0d.jpg

However,having built the official Geometric figure in the past I thought I would indulge in a conversion project and try to modify her into Ripley as she appeared in Alien,Unfortunately I don't believe my skills would extend to the "encounter in the shuttle" sequence,So it the green flight suit I'm afraid!

This is the original figure in my Aliens Diorama.

ripleyvxeno_zpse01e57b0.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 4

Thanks Guys,Triumphfan,as with the original the neck is moulded on the torso,which makes the head cut a daunting prospect :)

Progress so far,have removed the harness and some detail on the boots and pockets,and started blocking out the arms and legs to look more like the original "flying suit"Have repositioned the arms and head and added laces and details to the footwear.

ripley%20rough_zpse35hcjzi.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 8

Weekly update :) did some refining on the figures costume and started to scratch build the flame thrower and "Jonseys" cats box.

ripley%20cat%20box_zpsuclrxbbp.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 7

"Squeaky Bum time" as I go all Alien 3 on Ripley and remove her hair(in fairness it looks more like a swimming cap)This is so I can attempt to redo her hair in the longer fuller Alien way,Also some little inserts of progress on the flame thrower and unnecessarily over complicated "futuristic" cat box :)

ripley%20composite_zpsv602sabz.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Progress so far,started blocking out the colours and Ripley re-haired,The flight suit is giving me a headache concerning the colour,in promo shots it appears a blue green,in the movie it looks more olive drab,and in some shots its blue!

ripley%20converet2_zpspua514yj.jpg

Andy

• Like 1

That looks fantastic Andy.

Really captures the look of ripley.

I would have thought olive drab would be the way to go. I'm sure there is some diehard fans of the film out there who could tell you the exact colour, shade, and weave of the fabric used.

Ridley scott could have just popped down to the local army and navy surplus store, and grabbed a load of ex army gear.

Matt

I don't know if its my colour perception,but that was the photo that made me settle on an olive drab!However having had an extensive trawl of my Alien themed books,the internet and the movie,I've actually come down on a blue green shade.

ripley%20convert%203_zpszwyouv0t.jpg

Andy

• Like 2

Thanks All,Appreciate the feedback.

Last few days I've been messing around with wire and various grades of Milliput in an attempt to make a passable cat shaped lump to go in the box,shades of Schrodinger have been more than apparent:)

CAT_zpsunmnntl2.jpg

The Flight suit colour has been changed for about the 47th time,It is,and will forever remain,this colour!

RIPLEY%20WITH%20BOX_zpsz7ju20nn.jpg

Better start thinking about a base for "Ripley and Jonesey"

Cheers

Andy

• Like 4