Ripley

Carts

Started to paint up the corridor,lots and lots of weathering and detail painting left to do yet

corridor2_zpscuexjyzx.jpg

Added some ink washes and varnish to the Alien head.

alien%20head%204_zpsftnjv1ft.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 5

Looking good Andy.

I actually read the book before the movie came out. Was in the dorm in college when I finished it. Was late at night and had to down the hall to the restroom and, of course, the hall lights were all out (only time in 4 years I remember them that way). I remember stopping at my open door and going, "it figures".

• Like 1

Slowly but surely getting to the finishing line with this,bit of a sneak peak with the figure in her place on the "set" ,Will need to wait for better shooting conditions as my camera is fairly basic!

ripley%20alien%201_zpsmnekbsyt.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 7

Thanks for the comments,Really helps with my less then stellar sense of commitment :)

Ok,just to make life harder for myself,I was looking at the corridor thinking that it will look a bit bare from the exterior,so I thought about a lattice of pipes and frets,but frankly I'm all piped out! So I started messing with placing the name plate on the outside,but that looked a bit puny,Then I thought Film poster,and POW, I was off.(Sort of)

Will add some shading and white highlights to the Egg,but its just about done.

dio%20exterior_zpspqj6apqb.jpg

Alien head in place and clear plastic fitted to door frame.

boo_zpsxqfugops.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...