Italeri Junkers Ju 88 A-17 1/72

Wow! ...Just wow!.

I had in my stash two Italeri Ju88 and recently I sold them and bought Zvezda and new Revell, instead. But you shown, that this is still strong potential in this kit!

Congratulations!

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Wow! That exhaust weathering & that squiggly camo! Works of art, sir!

Thank you very much, for your positive comment, very appreciated :-)

That,s a real show stopper Bernd,outstanding paintwork especially given the scale. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Steve. The 1/72 scale has a lot to offer, i think. You can have a big collection of various types with great paint schemes, like your Storch, for example

• Like 1

Wow! ...Just wow!.

I had in my stash two Italeri Ju88 and recently I sold them and bought Zvezda and new Revell, instead. But you shown, that this is still strong potential in this kit!

Congratulations!

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy, thank you very much, beside the named flaws, you can do a nice kit from the Italeri kit.

The Zvezda kit has nearly the same flaws, if you build it, have a look on the glass nose, too pointy ( some of the frames are wrong too). If you have the A-4 kit, search for an early A-4, the Zvezda kit lacks the "kink" of the rudder, started mine some years back and it stalled completely.

The Zvezda G version stalled, after being converted to a Mistel component, thanks to the Italeri Mistel warhead.

Italeri has re released their kit with "historic upgrades", maybe get yourself one of them. The kit itself is a very relaxing build.

Cheers

Bernd

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I missed this post yesterday Bernd, that is amazing camo work in 1/72 scale :gobsmacked:

Absolutely amazing :goodjob: :goodjob: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much, Julian. Not bad for an old build, its still my favorite in my 1/72 aircraft collection.

Hi Gregor, thank you very much for this nice compliment, very appreciated. :)

The feedback of this topic was beyond believe for me, it s a big motivation to re start my stalled Ju 88 projects and more. :bounce:

That is really stunning Bernd. Absolutely gorgeous camo and finish. I don't know anything about the old kit but from what the others are saying you've done an amazing job! Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this compliment, very appreciated. As said before, i was very surprised about the very positive feedback here.

Thank you for the reply and your compliment, Mario. No worry, i am not "defected" i just mixing my hobby a bit more. Beside the M4, there is also an aircraft on the bench and will hopefully hit BM soon.

Cheers

Bernd

• 4 weeks later...

I love the realistic grimimess you've achieved and I know the effort you must have put in to get such a good result. I've a real soft spot for the Ju88 family, and for these older Italeri kits - you've done both proud! Thanks for your comments on my 188 earlier my friend.

I missed this when it first was posted, just catching it now. It's terriffic - quite an eyefull - gorgeous camoflauge. You think that was a challenge to do? I can just imagine a couple of enlisted men in the staffel maintenance department on top of the wings with spray guns walking around spraying squiggles over the green - hmmm.... maybe a topic for a diorama. You'll do this again, won't you - in 1/48... or even... 1/32? Now that would be even more of an eyefull.

• Like 1

Hi Niles, at first thank you very much for this massive compliment, very appreciated ! There will be more schemes like that, in the future.

A good brush painter can do do this way better, especially in this scale, i guess. And this can be a very good idea for an diorama for a Luftwaffe airfield

:)