A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72. Finished.

I can't say whether or not it was "worth" the effort, but think it was bloody amazing that you found a way to make it, Steve. There will be plenty of details on these little jewels that will be barely visible, but put together will result in an impression of the real thing in miniature rather than a simplified representation. Inspiring stuff.

ps/ I wish I'd said "more green than purple" originally, but in my defence I didn't think of the Cadbury option.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fritag said:

Now I’ve got to decide whether to do it to the 2 guns sights I’m gonna actually fit to the TWU Hawk.

Do it, please - it's not gonna kill you, is it?

:whistle: :rofl:

Ciao

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Fritag said:

yesterday morning and saw some sort of Cadbury cream egg

Good grief it's getting worse - it used to be you had to wait until Boxing Day to buy Easter eggs.....!!

And I agree with all the previous demands that you should do all the sights the same... :)

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Steve that looks the dog’s mate, but as for throwing the cream egg away, it almost warrants the need for a visit to the gun room with a large brandy, loaded revolver and a suicide note. I say almost cos clearly I wouldn’t want this to happen because they’d be no more Fritag builds, but please next time send it to Ced...

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, perdu said:

Have any of you daft buggers ever tried eating one of those foul ovoids?

Yes! I like to bite the top off, lick out the yolk, nibble the edges and then pop the rest in my mouth. 
How do you eat yours? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

...almost warrants the need for a visit to the gun room with a large brandy, loaded revolver and a suicide note.

Or he could just eat both of the additional ones he needs for the 2 Hawks (Steve is a purist, so would doubtless not sully a Hawk by using foil from a single egg) and just feel the lard coursing into his veins.  Not quite as fast a death as the revolver option, but probably just as certain.  

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Yes! I like to bite the top off, lick out the yolk, nibble the edges and then pop the rest in my mouth. 

I'm so, so glad I didn't get to see this while I was over.

• Haha 12

10 hours ago, CedB said:

I'm sorry Ced, but that's not having the same effect on me as the girl in the Cadbury's Flake advert 😋

• Haha 10

PC, Chris, Crisp; don't worry, Mrs B does NOT approve of such pleasures so I only ever eat Creme Eggs while sitting on my own somewhere quiet in the car.

The only problem is the occasional strange lady banging lustfully on the window - but I don't share with anyone!

I must choose my sites more carefully :wicked:

• Haha 11

56 minutes ago, CedB said:

I only ever eat Creme Eggs while sitting on my own somewhere quiet in the car.

The only problem is the occasional strange lady banging lustfully on the window - but I don't share with anyone!

Who'd have thought it, chocolate dogging on Britmodeller...........Dirty boy.

Every day's an education. 

• Haha 10

Having realised that Ced is the only one spelling ‘Creme’ Egg properly I am now inclined to believe that he does indeed eat the bl**dy things; which surprises me given that I had previously thought him to be a healthy eating, athletic fine figure of a man :whistle:

I think it’s all of a one with him hiding this guilty secret from PC et al.during their visit.....

Anyways the secret is out now and I can’t unlearn it..........:D

13 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Steve is a purist, so would doubtless not sully a Hawk by using foil from a single egg

I have in fact done exactly that.  And now I feel like I’ve somehow let the side down.:sorry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Love all the small detail you have added, but my question is when do you plan on finishing the Hawks 😂 4 years now, trying to think back what I was doing in March 2015, I know I was 4 years younger though, anyway keep up the good work very inspiring 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, kev67 said:

Love all the small detail you have added, but my question is when do you plan on finishing the Hawks 😂 4 years now, trying to think back what I was doing in March 2015, I know I was 4 years younger though, anyway keep up the good work very inspiring 

Look, leave him alone: those holidays don’t take themselves, you know.  Would you want a tired lawyer?

[A touch of solidarity (-ish) from a man who has at least 2 stalled builds that pre-date the Hawks...]

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Fritag said:

I had previously thought him to be a healthy eating, athletic fine figure of a man

Should have gone to Specsavers :rofl:

• Haha 11

20 hours ago, kev67 said:

:thumbsup:   

On 30/11/2019 at 20:55, perdu said:

Have any of you daft buggers ever tried eating one of those foul ovoids?

Well done for chucking away the eggloid Steve 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I concur with m'learned colleague.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, Fritag said:

Having realised that Ced is the only one spelling ‘Creme’ Egg properly I am now inclined to believe that he does indeed eat the bl**dy things; which surprises me given that I had previously thought him to be a healthy eating, athletic fine figure of a man :whistle:

Having spent two (wonderful) weeks in his company, I can confidently assert that the healthiness of Ced's diet correlates directly to how far away Mrs B is at time of eating. I must confess that I'd never considered a hearty slice of cake's potential as a lunchtime repast until I saw him in action.

• Haha 6